free website stats program I challenge all 26,797 members | Harley Davidson Forums

I challenge all 26,797 members

25€ donated here in Belgium.

(Less would be silly here since there is a tax break starting from this amount ;-))

our church is having a special colection at each mass for haiti relief this sunday..

Here's my concern.

I've visited numerous websites of reputable organizations (Red Cross, UNICEF, etc.) and initially all they talk about is Haiti, Haiti, Haiti. When you finally click on the area to make a donation, the "fine print" becomes VERY general in nature. There doesn't seem to be a way that you can be 100% certain that every penny you donate is going to go to Haiti relief.

Anyone that can point me to a good source for donations would be much appreciated.

Best to stick w/RED CROSS & Ben Stiller's got a website too where they'll donate all contributions to this effort - GO ZOHAN!

you can donate straight through paypal if you have a paypal account then you would be sure the money will get to the correct place

Brian

Best to stick w/RED CROSS & Ben Stiller's got a website too where they'll donate all contributions to this effort - GO ZOHAN!

Red Cross is one of the sites I'm talking about. Lots of "Haiti relief" mentioned all over the home page but when you get to the donation page, it switches to very generic language about how their money is used.

you can donate straight through paypal if you have a paypal account then you would be sure the money will get to the correct place

Brian

Thanks, I'll look into the Paypal option.

Thank you to all who have made or intend to make a donation. Prior to this catastrophy, these poor souls managed to survive on less than 2 bucks a day and about half of the population lived in the capitol city. Now they have no homes and their lives and families have been destroyed. They have no jobs to go back to as their places of employment are no longer there. Over 50% are now homeless and 10's of thousands have died.
Again, thank you all and may you be blessed with happiness and good fortune the rest of your days.

Back