free website stats program I can not relate to today's youth | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I can not relate to today's youth

I can not relate to today's youth either. When we were kids, every chance we got, we were in the playground playing. Playing either baseball, football or hide and seek. Didn't matter. We were outside playing with each other. Today I ride by play grounds that are empty. Where are all the kids? In front of the T.V. playing video games? Teaches them alot about life. I raised (3) daughters so I know about hot summers with nothing to do. But they were always outside riding their bikes our playing with Dad. As said, today's youth thinks they are owed something. I notice and talk to a few at work that are in their 20's. Think they should start at the top. The youth today have no dedication. They just don't care. They can see that if you don't work, you can still get paid. You can still get insurance. I worked my first job at 12 being a paperboy and have been working every since. We have to stop letting the youth think they can have something for nothing. That you have to work for a living. The youth today talked back to their teachers, we'd get smacked. Oh, but can't spank your kids. That's wrong.
Bull. That's were the problem lies. At home, at school, you do something wrong, you get punished. Notice the teen talking nasty, talking back to their elders. Boy, if I talked back, I can still feel that belt on my butt. That is if he hit my butt. Could be the leg. Big welt. Did I do it or say what I said again. Heck no. I'm not stupid. No punshiment, No change.

It's crazy the things parents say to me when I call home: "What do you want me to do about it", "When they are at school they are your problem", "Why is it that you are always calling me about my kid," my response to one parent who I was fed up with was ma'am I call you when your kids are bad if you want I could call you when other kids are bad as well. Classic line: I'm a single parent and I have all kinds of other kids to take care of. I want to say they make things to prevent pregnancy. The single parent thing doesn't fly with me since I am a child of a single parent who worked two jobs to take care of us and still stayed on top of us. I think some parents are scared of their kids I read police blogs and all the times you read about kids going after their parents. I'm a big guy and to this day I would never disrespect my mom. Even though I'm buying another bike against her wishes:p

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll be reading about these two "gifted" individuals some day in the LE blotter. Maybe the headlines will read "Inferno Erupts at Local Gas Station when Boy Lights Cigarette"...;)

Just gotta look to the positive and know there are individuals who, for some rhyme/reason, feel they can be ignorant toward anyone & anything. But, for every one of these - there's a huge # of people who are decent so majority rules. You addressed the situation (which is good) and all is well. I've done the same a few times myself lately b/c of similar situations (safety). Maybe it will sink in someday...Cheers!

You showed some serious restraint. It would be hard to not make the kid choke on the cig or a knuckle samich. I was taught respect by example, so are my kids. There are alot of good kids out there, just seems you have to look for them.

I have to congratulate you for self control! I can't fathom how stupid people are. Now they are telling us not to use our cell phones at the pumps. But I must admit to doing it without even thinking.

I wouldn't have cared if the kid blew himself up but it would have taken you and others out with him. Not to mention the capitol loss to the station and Ins. Co.

Glad you were able to drive off without incident. Could have escalated pretty fast. Good job.

Great show of restraint but I liked your choice of words as well I would have probably blasted them as I can't stand a smart(EDIT) at all but my temper gets wound easy. I could hear my wife now telling me to leave and grabbing my arm as she knows how I can get.

Great job!

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we really put the blame "on todays youth" or maybe better...just stupid people.
I salute your service to our great country as I served as well. You may have been a little lucky on the confrontation because you never know about the other guy,,if he's really nuts or not. Your self restraint was commendable, especially after the single digit salute, Im not sure I could have kept my composure.
I experienced a similar incident, but there was a local sheriff on the other pump island, I went and told him,, he took care of business. I only hope the smoker learned his lesson.

Glad to hear you addressed what is so obviously an incredibly stupid act, hard to understand how some can be so dumb, my guess is these youths may never get old if that pattern of thinking continues, just hope their stupidity doesnt get innocent bystanders hurt or worse.

Back