free website stats program I Am CANADIAN | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Am CANADIAN

I'm in Cornwall, Ontario and I just found this site. I recently purchased a 2008 Ultra Classic after previously owning a Yamaha V-star. Therefore I am new to the Harley community and so far I love the new ride.

Anybody planning a trip to Port Dover for Friday the 13th. I don't think that the weater is promissing but I am going.

I am planing on going. My father in law is coming up and another gentalman I work with. As far as the weather I have my fingers crossed it is going to change

Ottawa On here, but really from New Brunswick and that will always be home.... this neck of the woods the story goes "In Ottawa, what do you get after two days of rain?"
Monday. But I can't complan, my first ride this year was in late March. Pretty unreal actual, there were still 4 -5 feet of snow in the fields and river was still iced up but the roads were dry and clean and the sun was shinin and it was about 5 degrees. that was it. Headin to Cabot Trail in July, check out the HOG rally, then planing for the 105 in Milwaukee. Got all the passes but need a place to stay......
Cheers

Sounds like a nice summer of riding. I might take a trip to Winnipeg to see my sister and then swing down and hit Sturgis

Well here we go again -30 and two feet of S--- summer is just to short
Oh well all we can do is wait MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL from the frozen north

I was pricing insurance from an agent who insures 4 Harleys on my street. They all were paying about $350 -$400 less than me so I thought I would get a quote. My bike is the oldest of the four and I am the second oldest rider with the most years of license. (I am 61 and have had a bike lic. since 1964) Iwas quoted almost as much as I currently pay with a different company. I think because I told him that I take the bike to Florida for 4 months that there is an extra charge. Anybody with similar situation.

I'm no insurance buff, but when answering questions with my agent, the insurance rate and discounts are based on...their "hidden" payout statistics (insurance companies have a "gentlemans" agreement and rate schedule right down to the street where you live), the mileage, use (recreation or business), as well as the odds of you in an accident at various location or location(s) you ride, (which YOU volunteered information for). Your stating the Canada to Florida ride, added "risk exposure" based on the distance of ride and hazards along the way, not just because you are Canadian. Sometimes it pays not to "advertise"...:bigsmiley29:

Insurance companies try to compete by what rates they charge to you (makes it look like they are fighting among themselves). They will not reveal (at least to the consumer anyway) how well they deliver i.e. monies to cover claims when actually needed or backdoor dealings amongst themselves to keep rates high (got rid of dividends when they would "profit share" with their clients a long time ago). :bigsmiley19:

Imagine that, buying insurance based on their timely delivery of promises for services rendered, like you would picking an airline, bank or mail carrier. :newsmile09:

Last edited:
Cdn BIGFOOT your worried about the pass near Butte from Twin Falls take the road up and through the Yellowstone Park , better scenery, riding and less traffic ande if the weather is warm during the days the road willo be dry. tom

Reed.
Thanks for the directional tip.
Just 7 months late.:p

Trip worked out good though.
Maybe I'll try that route if I go through there next year,

Hi

Joined the forum today. Great site and reviews. I am from the eastern coast of Canada, Newfoundland ,an Islander, had the first ride on my Harley yesterday, snow still around but 14 degrees here. Can't wait to go cruising.
Great to see other Canadians on the forum and glad to meet everyone else.

been thinking about taking a trip for three years now, for a few weeks to the rock .
never met a islander that i did not like, nicest people in Canada.

Back