free website stats program Huricane IKE | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Huricane IKE

I was in Brunei when this thing really started heading towards the house. Momma, the Kids and the dogs headed to Grandma's on Thursday. Big relief to have them out of the direct path of the storm. I am headed back now. Couldn't get back directly to Houston since the airports are closed. So I am flying to New Orleans (isn't that ironic) and Momma is meeting me there. We still have no power at the house according to neighbors that stayed. So on Monday, we will decide whether to stay in Louisiana on Monday and head back on Tues., or head back directly. Right now, I am in San Fran. waiting on the flight to NO. Left Singapore about 24 hours ago. Be about 30 hours once I get to NO.

Neighbors say the house is OK which is a relief. Want to get back to the house to change the fish water. Hope Big Fish makes it!!

Anyway. Lots of prayers to the rest of you that sheltered in place. The news from Galveston and the other coast areas is grim. Hope you all are OK.

Cheers,

TQ

I agree with Glider. I'm glad that you are safe. "Things" can be replaced. People can't. You are in our prayers.

Wow... What a difference the last couple days can make. First off me and my family are all ok which is all that matters. Secondly my garage is still in tack which is really cool.

The bad, I lost my roof on my house, and most belongings inside. The absoulte crazy thing is we had a beach house on Bolivar *****ula, I don't know if you seen any photos but the whole house is gone, in fact 85% of all the houses on the *****ula are gone, completly gone not even a debris pile to sort through, but all of the material things can be replaced.

I want to thank all the workers from the different states that are down here getting our lives back to normal, We finally got electrical to the hotel today, which is awesome after 3 days without any, now if we can get some gasoline, were be cool. Hope everyone else that was in Ikes path is ok. God Bless all that are helping Texas we need it right now.

I saw the pictures of Bolivar Peninsula and could not believe it! How horrible!

I am glad you and your family are well. Glad the garage made it too.

I know your family's safety is first, but that has to be hard to take, losing the roof and the other house.

You need some help getting the roof back up? Maybe we could get several people together to come help. What does everyone think?

Glad you are safe though. Good Luck!

Eric

Got our power back on late yesterday afternoon. Only lost a shutter here. Lots of trees on houses where I live, thankfully no one injured. Gasoline wait time is shrinking and some of the stores are getting more and more ice and food. Will be spending the rest of the week and the w/e working the neiborhood cleaning up. Glad everyone made it through safe.

Thanx to all who kept those of us in the path of IKE in their prayers. It worked! Sorry to hear about your place on Boliver, and your roof! Sux.

We stayed in Louisiana until Tuesday. Came back into town with lots of apprehension about what we would find. God was definitely watch over us. Lots of tree trash, but the house, garage, bikes and fence were all fine. Unbelievable! Even Big Fish made it without power (filters) since Friday!

TQ

I came out of this smelling like a rose. One tree down and no power for four days. Many lost everything.

FEMA - don't know how many volunteers came to town. They were at a local high school stadium but had no food or water. Locals brought food and water. FEMA's answer was that it was coming.

FEMA - could not take food or water to some PODS (point of distribution) because there was no one to hand it out. That is the responsibility of the city or county.

FEMA - head guy on the radio gave out a number to call. I heard that no one would answer - may not be true. Three million people without power and he said you could go on the web to find the locations of the PODS.

The thing that impressed me was how everyone helped each other. I enjoyed listening to AM radio at night by candle light with the windows open. Reminded me of when I was a kid before we had TV. It aint over but you slowly see Houston coming back to life.

Glad to see everything worked out for you, I can't complain myself, still don't have power though at the house, but been staying in a hotel for a couple days.

I tell you after not having a/c for a while, and finally getting it, it makes all the difference.

What you said about FEMA is correct, they might as well of stayed home.

Just wonder how long before were allowed to ride out to the coast? I here "The Spot" is still standing.

That is good news about The Spot. I have only started riding on the street about a year ago after a 20+ year lapse from dirt riding and have never been there.

I am afraid that it will be awhile before we can head that way. In fact, I usually ride up around Montgomery and that is probably hosed too.

I had a full tank in the scooter and it was my last resort for my generator. I only had 10 gallons in cans and was down to my last 2 1/2 when the lights came on. It would have been a tough choice to drain the bike or hop on it and ride - I am glad I didn't have to choose.

Normally I am not a lucky guy but somehow I lucked out on this one.

I hope everything works out for you and yours.

Back