free website stats program Humor for the Northern folks | Harley Davidson Forums

Humor for the Northern folks

R_W_B

Here's one all the northern folks will get a big kick out of. For all you Florida folks it's fixun to get real cold tonight and tomorrow. In the 30's in the northern half of the state.

I can almost hear the laughter of folks that have been in the teens and below for more than a few days. But anyhow Florida folks it's coming I can feel it outside already. Today is the first day I've been able to walk around without crutches so I actually got outside this morning. The wind is blowing from the north and the temp is dropping. Probably won't last long though. We've got it made on cold weather here in the sunshine state.

Here's one all the northern folks will get a big kick out of. For all you Florida folks it's fixun to get real cold tonight and tomorrow. In the 30's in the northern half of the state.

I can almost hear the laughter of folks that have been in the teens and below for more than a few days. But anyhow Florida folks it's coming I can feel it outside already. Today is the first day I've been able to walk around without crutches so I actually got outside this morning. The wind is blowing from the north and the temp is dropping. Probably won't last long though. We've got it made on cold weather here in the sunshine state.

Yeh RWB but I bet you won't have to shovel snow like I have done twice since 7AM...:newsmile071:

It is supposed to be in the 20's tomorrow ( Sunday). It has been a somewhat surprisingly mild winter up here in the Northeast. We were supposed to get 2-4 inches but when I woke up today all i saw was a light dusting on the ground. So unlike dbmg, there was no snow, and no need to fire up the snow blower. Heck, I haven't used it once this year and we are almost halfway through February!!
One good thing, each passing day brings us a wee bit ( tribute to Brian :s ) more daylight! I am still waiting to get clobbered with a big snow storm. It was on Feb. 7 1978 that we had the notorious "Blizzard of '78", which I will never forget!
C'mon Springtime! That's what's killing me, the interminable wait until the weather is fitting to be out there riding once again with the wind in my face & the tunes on the CD accompanying me on my rides to nowhere!!

Temps get cold here in Utah but not bad. The humidity makes it feel a lot worse in Florida than here. 35 in Florida is colder to me than 10 in Utah.

We are having some warm for the time of year weather everything is fluid nothing frozen although down south in southern england they seem to be having very cold for them weather and a wee bit of snow
local farmer has been muck spreading and ploughing over the last week or 2 and dragged half the mud from his fields about 4" deep at the moment for about 1/2 mile so bike will stay in the shed for the moment
sunset is at 16:40 so does not get properly dark till 17:20 so spring is on the way
i had better get out to the shed and start working on the bikes to get them ready

Brian

Say what you want, I shoveled snow for 40 years, and watched my bike sit in the garage for 3 months each winter, I will take a few mornings of 30 over the real cold and snow:p

Ya about 5 degrees earlier this morning.......Well one good thing, in the summer I never get diaper rash or what ever you Southerners like to call it...:)

Back