free website stats program Hubby's Surgery Underway | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hubby's Surgery Underway

He is still being a good patient, I only have one section in the back room to finish, (just a little sanding yet & then the paint, it will take longer to clean the roller than to actually paint it.

Then, that will leave us with just a little painting in the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and the laundry room.

Christmas went well, other than I had to work. :( Oh well, other than the snow, normalcy is within sightQ

Glad to hear that recovery is going well. Must feel good to see the end of renovations. Been there, done that. :s

He is still being a good patient, I only have one section in the back room to finish, (just a little sanding yet & then the paint, it will take longer to clean the roller than to actually paint it.

Then, that will leave us with just a little painting in the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and the laundry room.

Christmas went well, other than I had to work. :( Oh well, other than the snow, normalcy is within sightQ

Whoo-Hooo! Drinks all around...Have a Happy New Year to you and your recovering Hub-ster :bigsmiley11:

Final doctor's visit today, he is basically free to do what he can tolerate. I got the back room finished up for the most part, down to putting it back in order at this point. It will be nice to get the desk set back up. :) 2 Bathrooms and the laundry room left, (the laundry room will be a pain however).

I wish we could say the new year came in without a hitch, but unfortunately we lost Steve's dad last Saturday. :( It was pretty unexpected, even though he was in the nursing home, we didn't expect to get a call on Friday and he was gone by Saturday afternoon. Not sure what happened, but it was no way to bring in the new year regardless. Poor hubby has put almost 1400 miles on his truck since last Saturday, but we are coping with things okay. His dad was ready to go, and now we don't have to worry about him being confined to his room. It still hit us pretty hard.

But, I hope to have our house back in order soon and back to normal! Looking forward to that. :) I can't thank you all enough for the support you have given me over the last year, we are hoping to have a better 2013. Thanks again for being my friends. :s

Sorry to hear about Steve's dad, but glad he is on the mend! Be sure to find sometime for yourself also, you've been thru a lot also. Hope your New Year beats any you've had in the past!
WAP.gif

Sometiimes the holiday season brings in a little sadness too...I lost my dad many years ago just before New Years day...and recently a friend who was fighting cancer for 6 months. But the healing comes from knowing they lived a life that was full and made so many friends and families so much better with each new generation that begins. A new year full of promise will be on the way...

Thank you all. We are moving along, things aren't too terrible, we do find some comfort in knowing that his father is no longer in pain.:s Hoping to get the house back in order in the next couple of weeks and back to some sort of normalcy. Missing my old 'routine' quite a bit. BTW, I am ready for summer!

Sorry to hear of your loss, Hoping 2013 will be much better for you

Just got through reading about this long road you have been on. I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. He's resting good now though, free from all that causes pain and suffering. Keep on plugging away. Sounds like Steve's road (and yours) has gone from gravel with potholes to paved. Best wishes for y'all's future! You've been an outstanding caregiver and thanks for keeping us updated.

Back