Hp curiosity

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ooheritage, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

how many ponies more can I expect with arlen ness big air sucker and re jet the carb. if any 8 maybe?

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I usually see 8-10 hp gain with a complete stage 1 - air, mufflers & tuning
    just air & tunung will give you some increase, don't know how many ponys to expect?
    I personally would get the tuners kit through harley for the carb, makes tuning simple & some S/E mufflers if you like to keep it quiet, they will work together with the increase air flow.

3. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

thanks chopper I have V/H pipes already, and my local mom and pop harley tech is going to do the rest. Do they just naturally tune by hear, or just how do they do it?

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

You are set, you'll like the increase in performance, especially when riding two up. The shop in your area will know what works, then it's simple as a test ride.
    Enjoy

5. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

coolbeans

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

That's two new expressions I picked up today farkle & coolbeans, they iust don't teach you that kind of stuff at MMI:)

7. murf

murf Active Member

You must have led a sheltered life. LOL Haven't heard farkle in a long time but I use coolbeans all the time. Guess I'm telling my age, huh.

8. PaulWhite

PaulWhite Active Member

I play farkle, it a dice game from the 1600's. a fun game.

9. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Depends on the conversion rate from ponies to horsepower. 2 ponies per horsepower sounds about right to me.:D

10. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

I suppose gilflirted would round out your day then. (pronounced gill flirt ed)

It is somewhat less severe problem then whoperjawed.