free website stats program Howdy from Far Northern Kalifornia | Harley Davidson Forums

Howdy from Far Northern Kalifornia

3delta

Long time rider but first time Harley owner. I recently purchased a 2001 1200 Sportster. 41k on the clock. I have been riding a 94 Gold Wing and will continue using it to do long range riding. I ride with the Northern California P.G.R. and am their photographer.
We provide a DVD movie of the service for the families and I am tasked with putting those together. I picked up the Sportster at a very reasonable price as it needed much TLC. It wouldn't idle due to several vacuum leaks and was leaking oil from the front cylinder. I found the nary a bolt was torqued to specs when I removed the rocker cover. In fact the two allen screws were ready to fall out. I replaced all the gaskets and torqued the bolts to factory spec. Problem solved. She runs like a dream and after I replace a few more items ( handlebars, grips etc) I will get her on the road to blow out the carbon. After scouring the forum for information I have found many helpful items that will help me in the future. Glad to part of the forum.:)

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back