free website stats program Howards Dynamic Duo Airhorns - Ultra Limited | Harley Davidson Forums

Howards Dynamic Duo Airhorns - Ultra Limited

Looking to upgrade the horn on the bike and was looking for feedback on airhorns for my Ultra Limited.

Howard's airhorn website has audio for the horns and they seem loud enough for the few times I need the horn but are they worth it?

Reason why i am asking is......Last weekend in New York's Bear Mt Pass had a driver slam on brakes, turn on right blinker then turn left right in front of me. I had to swerve left into on coming lane (lane was clear) and race by.... Too close for comfort.

I wasn't tailgating but had some speed I quickly braked but the antilock came on ( we were two up) and if I didn't swerve and speed up I don't know what would have happened.

I did hit the horn but that didn't help.
I don't know how I did so much in such a short few seconds but we made it by with my wife giving a nice "your #1" gesture.

Who has the Howards Airhorns?
How easy are they to install?
Are they worth the money?

http://www.howardshorns.com/

Looking to upgrade the horn on the bike and was looking for feedback on airhorns for my Ultra Limited.

Howard's airhorn website has audio for the horns and they seem loud enough for the few times I need the horn but are they worth it?

Reason why i am asking is......Last weekend in New York's Bear Mt Pass had a driver slam on brakes, turn on right blinker then turn left right in front of me. I had to swerve left into on coming lane (lane was clear) and race by.... Too close for comfort.

I wasn't tailgating but had some speed I quickly braked but the antilock came on ( we were two up) and if I didn't swerve and speed up I don't know what would have happened.

I don't know how I did so much in such a short few seconds but we made it by with my wife giving a nice "your #1" gesture.

Howard's Horns Home Page, motorcycle air horns, battery cables

I know that they are loud. My question is with all that going on you want to blow the horn too?

Howard's Horns Home Page, motorcycle air horns, battery cables

Cost of horn $170.00
Cost of experienced rider knowing how to do a evasive move.........PRICELESS
The horn would have made no difference in the out come of this event other than let foolish driver know that you were mad....... So forget about the horn and buy $170.00 worth of gas and keep on riding and continue to practice your skills... That would be money better spent.:s

That's what I figured....sometimes it's about the toys I guess. I think in 20+ yrs of riding I have used the horn a dozen times or so.....

Your right buy more gas and continue to ride safe.

Back