free website stats program How will I Know...??? | Harley Davidson Forums

How will I Know...???

How will I know if/when my 2008 Roadking needs new shocks? :worthy

Unless a shock blows a seal or gets bent you may not even notice. The thing to look for would be the shocks bottoming out, or the bike wallowing in the turns. If you ride solo most of the time try to remember what the bike felt like the last time you were on a road you ride alot.

Don has a great answer to your question. I was thinking that you would know as soon as you changed them out to a nice set of Progressives. Then you would probably think that the OEM's were always bad!

Don has a great answer to your question. I was thinking that you would know as soon as you changed them out to a nice set of Progressives. Then you would probably think that the OEM's were always bad!

Got to agree with Bodeen, I love my Progressives!!

Tire cupping can be one sign, harsh ride over bumps, leaking oil, air not holding in shocks pick one, or as Don and Bodeen have said trade up JMO

How much is a set of progressives? Why are they so much better? Are they air shocks similar to the ones from Harley? I may be looking into that next year.

I gotta agree with the Progressives, best shocks out there! Replaced my rear shocks with 440's and fork springs last year. World of difference and easily adjustable for passenger weight and/or gear.

And the difference is that they are truly "Progressive" springs on the shocks and in the fork tubes. Soft at the top and getting progressively stiffer as they compress. See the explanation on their website I seem to remember a good Youtube video explaining the difference as well.

Back