free website stats program How will bad gas show up performance? | Harley Davidson Forums

How will bad gas show up performance?

How will bad gas show up in how the engine runs? How would you fix the problem?

Welcome Hob11 to the HDTimeline forum. Bad gas initially will show up as poor running, missing and coughing like depending on how low the initial tank was before the fill with bad gas. Bad gas may be laden with water, or particles of rust and dirt, so inlet fuel "sock" in the tank of your bike could get clogged. :newsmile061:

As stated above the only way to fix it is to drain and refill with good stuff you may also want to remove the fuel tap and clean the strainer

I have seen bad gas do many things, from stalling the motor when you try to open the throttle to chugging and stalling, to just not allowing the motor to start at all.

As stated, remove the bad gas and replace it with fresh stuff. If your on the road and happen to fill up with bad gas, sometimes a bottle of gas treatment will get you through that tank and not leave you stranded.

I always try to buy from national brand gas stations to reduce the risk of getting cheap or stail gas.

I had an experience with a load of bad (also stale) gas once. No matter how much I diluted it with good fresh fuel, it just kept running bad. Until I actually took an electric pump and pulled out all the fuel from the tank, the engine ran terrible no matter how much good fuel I added. I was very surprised about that..

Sea Foam fuel additive will help and possibly cure problem.

As stated remove the bad gas then refill with the good stuff and add the seafoam or Marvels Mystery oil.
kemo

After I returned from Sturgis I filled up with a bad tank in Port Huron. Then I screwewd up and filled with regular at home. Couple of more tanks of good fuel and should clear the Service Engine Light. I Hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had gas soooo bad once the bike would not fire, dumped it cleaned the strainer and refill with seafoam good to go:D

Back