free website stats program How wide of tire on my 06 Road King Police | Harley Davidson Forums

How wide of tire on my 06 Road King Police

Rockchalk

Going to get new tires this winter. Would like to know if anyone knows what is the widest size tire I can put on the rear of my 06 RK with stock 16 x 3 wheels. Also any thoughts on Avon or Dunlop or any others for that matter. Thanks for any info.

Going to get new tires this winter. Would like to know if anyone knows what is the widest size tire I can put on the rear of my 06 RK with stock 16 x 3 wheels. Also any thoughts on Avon or Dunlop or any others for that matter. Thanks for any info.

I know you can go to the 140 (MU) without a problem. I have done this on my bike. Check here:

Tire POLL - Harley Davidson Community

how wide can you go ? - Harley Davidson Community

Some basics here:

Motorcycle Tire/Tyre Tech 101

TQ

Last edited:
Glad you asked. I just read about Dunlop tires having problems; http://www.hdtimeline.com/brakes_tires_and_wheels/17599-dunlop_tire_problems.html
I also read that the best prices for AVON Tyres can be had at; Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear
I just ordered a front and rear AVON Venom tire for my Heritage. They had the best price that I've been able to find, free shipping to boot. I can't wait to dump my Dunflops for a couple time tested motorcycle tires (AVON).
:41:

I have had 5 sets of Metzlers on my 05 Road King Custom. ME880 Marathon tire 150/80 HB-16.Best prices I have found is at Motorcycle Superstore. The 150/80 HB-16 has a higher load rating than the 150/80 B-16. I have not had any problem installing these on my bike. These tires ride smooth and have good traction even in the rain,also they go straight on grooved roads.

Your right Smitty. Should not judge a company for problems that all tire companies encounter. Dunlop might just get more noticed, for having so many factory tires on the road. Have actually been looking at the Dunlop Elite 3 Tour, and have found only good reviews so far.

Back