free website stats program How/Where did You mount your Fuel Controller? | Harley Davidson Forums

How/Where did You mount your Fuel Controller?

FerrousBueller

I will be installing Dobeck's E.J.K. on a 2009 Softail Custom in the next week or two. Looking for suggestions on mounting locations. I'd like easy access to the controller without attracting unwanted attention. So far, I like the recommendation from Dobeck to mount in a tool box or in a saddle bag.

Mine is under the seat but I do remember a old thread by Glider that gave some other idea's for mounting with neat access you might try and find but like redfish said under the seat and forget about it

Hmmm, I shoulda been more clear. Planning to add upgrades one step at a time so I can feel what improvements each one makes. Gonna start with the E.J.K., then intake, then exhaust. With each upgrade I plan to tinker a little with the E.J.K., just because I can.
WAP.gif

Then your best bet is the velcro on the console to tweak it .Then when you put it under the seat just use a cable tie to hold it there.Next upgrade cut the cable tie and bring it back out.Quick and easy:D

same, final position was on the ECM, near the bottom of it.

Then your best bet is the velcro on the console to tweak it .Then when you put it under the seat just use a cable tie to hold it there.Next upgrade cut the cable tie and bring it back out.Quick and easy:D

I'm inspired by your idea! I think I'll get a tank pouch and leave it in there for a while. Instant access, out of sight, when I'm done tinkering, then I can stash it under the seat. That is until I do another motor modification!

Thank You!

i put my dobeck under the seat wedged between the bottom of the ecm and rear edge of the battery. it will fit on the frt edge of battery as well. i always us velcro to keep it in place if flat.

This is what I had in mind:

ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6177-1st_performance_modification_dobeck_e_j_k_gen_3_installed_in_pouch_of_tank_panel_for_ease_of_use_and_discretion.jpg

Did it today, very happy with it. Only enough time for a quick romp through the neighborhood. Could be a placebo effect, could be a little bit of truth, but I thought I could feel a minor difference. With mild roll on of throttle I felt I was being pushed back a little harder in the saddle. Engine seemed more willing to spool up, regardless of RPM's or Gear Position. I'm gonna play with it more before the next upgrade.

Stuff I learned today:
1) DO NOT!, fill gas tank the day before install.
2) Having fingers the size of a 3 year old would sometimes be helpful.
3) Waiting for Service Manual would have been a good idea, (it was in mailbox when I got home).

Next upgrade, Intake or Exhaust? Parts already here.

Back