free website stats program How to tell if you have billet rockers | Harley Davidson Forums

How to tell if you have billet rockers

R_W_B

I was thinking of buying the A. Ness O.P. gauge that mounts on rocker of the Twin Cam Dyna engine. It says it does not fit billet rockers. I bought my bike used. (2007 Street Bob)
How can one tell if they are billet ?
Mine has some weathering on them and I recently polished them when I took the tank off. But I have no idea if they are billet or not ?

Billet is a metal stock that can be turned down by a CNC machine.If they don't fit Billet rockers,what else is there ? Plastic rockers ?:(

Billet is a metal stock that can be turned down by a CNC machine.If they don't fit Billet rockers,what else is there ? Plastic rockers ?:(

I finally found a picture of what I think is billet rocker covers. If this is them, then I can see how they would not work since they have no bolts to bolt to.

Attachments

• Billet Rockers.bmp
    791.1 KB · Views: 49
FYI: If we’re talking about oil pressure gauge and mount on rocker box, just came across some nice choices here too: (same restrictions)
Jerzee Customs - Products Page

Thanks for the reply Dude, that is exactly where I was looking also. They have the best selection and price for the A.N. setup that I have found. I'm now still debating since the people at motosens have emailed me and told me they now have a O.P. sensor that has the O. lite sensor (to replace OEM) all in one combo unit with "no" tee. This eliminates the stress factor that I was worried about on mounting these two items in a tee. This would allow me to mount an electric sent gauge on the handlebar. So I will have to look at price and decide.

The A. Ness also has a tee but it does not have the weight of an additional sensor since it utilitzes a mechanical gauge and runs a small 1/8" oil line out of the tee to the gauge. Besides I have heard of "no" A. Ness tees breaking but a poster "did" have a brass tee break with the two E. sensors in his. I cannot get any definitive data on the steel tees. I suspect they are stronger than brass but the suppliers won't commit to a comment.

The problem with brass is that while soft when new the constant vibration changes the molecular structure and it becomes hard and brittle with age,that is why they break.

Thanks for the informative info. As far as you are aware off, steel does not have this characteristic, correct ? (or at least not in the same magnitude).

I can get the tee I need in forged stainless steel.

Back