How to tell if you have billet rockers

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by R_W_B, Nov 15, 2010.

1. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I was thinking of buying the A. Ness O.P. gauge that mounts on rocker of the Twin Cam Dyna engine. It says it does not fit billet rockers. I bought my bike used. (2007 Street Bob)
    How can one tell if they are billet ?
    Mine has some weathering on them and I recently polished them when I took the tank off. But I have no idea if they are billet or not ?

2. lostone

lostone New Member

Billet is a metal stock that can be turned down by a CNC machine.If they don't fit Billet rockers,what else is there ? Plastic rockers ?:(

3. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I finally found a picture of what I think is billet rocker covers. If this is them, then I can see how they would not work since they have no bolts to bolt to.

Attached Files:

4. PigSnot

PigSnot Active Member Contributor

FYI: If we’re talking about oil pressure gauge and mount on rocker box, just came across some nice choices here too: (same restrictions)
    Jerzee Customs - Products Page

5. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Thanks for the reply Dude, that is exactly where I was looking also. They have the best selection and price for the A.N. setup that I have found. I'm now still debating since the people at motosens have emailed me and told me they now have a O.P. sensor that has the O. lite sensor (to replace OEM) all in one combo unit with "no" tee. This eliminates the stress factor that I was worried about on mounting these two items in a tee. This would allow me to mount an electric sent gauge on the handlebar. So I will have to look at price and decide.

The A. Ness also has a tee but it does not have the weight of an additional sensor since it utilitzes a mechanical gauge and runs a small 1/8" oil line out of the tee to the gauge. Besides I have heard of "no" A. Ness tees breaking but a poster "did" have a brass tee break with the two E. sensors in his. I cannot get any definitive data on the steel tees. I suspect they are stronger than brass but the suppliers won't commit to a comment.

6. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Thanks for the informative info. As far as you are aware off, steel does not have this characteristic, correct ? (or at least not in the same magnitude).

I can get the tee I need in forged stainless steel.