free website stats program How to save OEM calibration file with SESTp | Harley Davidson Forums

How to save OEM calibration file with SESTp

machdv2

Hi,

I´ve been looking for an answer on how it could be possible to save orginal OEM calibration before I upload SEST calibration file and start mods with smart tuning,

so far it seems that with SEST it is not possible;
"Re: Super tuner calibrations
The original factory calibrations are not included. Once you write over the original calibration, it is gone."
:(
yes yes, great...

but now I´m simply asking is there another way to go around this and have Org calibration saved and later if needed restored back to ECM ?

The fat bob is now with Big sucker kit and more open "sport" pipes, waiting for "uploading".

So please if you can give a quick answer would be great help:small3d026:

I´m planning to connect SEST to bike on next Saturday

thanks

Machdv2

No way to save the OEM cal that I know of with a SERT, but used them on a lot of bikes over the years, they work great but never ran across a need or want to go back to the OEM cal.

The SEST will not allow you to save the original calibration. When I first used the SEST on my bike, I also wanted to save the original tune map. But you know what,, who really needs it anyway. I never looked back or needed the original maps. What good are they and why would anyone really need them?

If you say "to install before I bring the bike in on a warranty clain". Nope, that would not work. The ECM is flagged that the original file was changed EVEN if the original file is put back in. The ECM has a flagging bit that says it is not virgin.

The only good I can see of having a copy is to compare it to a Stage 1 map. That would be for a informational purposes only.

I would not sweat it. Overwrite it.

so, did upload the base file and started the machine up .... and everything okay and sounds are better than I was thinking would be :small3d026:

and then took a test ride and .... evething better than before... and the feel of the machine was also better ... because of the open pipes ... or maybe all compined together

Now it´s like a big machine and so it feels when riding on .....

Made my day today, so thanks for your quick answers :) otherwise I would be still wondering .... how to ....

thanks guys

the oem cal is a non chargable cal on DTII, so if you want to go back your dealer can bang it back in for ya

Back