free website stats program how to remove switch plate | Harley Davidson Forums

how to remove switch plate

im installing handle bars on my 2010 street glide and i got ever thing off accpet for the switch plate below the ignition key any help would be great before i break it thanks

Turn switch to accessory position, then use a small screwdriver to depress the little button under the switch knob. There's detailed info in the self help tips area, and a good video on Youtube.

It's all explained in detail in the HD Service Manual but it doesn't sound like you have one of those. Best investment in your bike you can make if you're going to do work on it yourself.

thanks but i got the ignition switch out no problem its the plate with the four swicthes on it that im trying to remove that covers the actual ignition swicth

Your '10 may be different than my '07, but the S.M. says for fairing cap removal
(the black part that rocker switches are in), remove the T27 torx screw on left and right side. With forks turned to left stop, reach behind right side and disconnect the 12 position switch connector plug, then remove fairing cap. I don't know if the plug releases are on top or sides of the connector, not clearly pictured in S.M.

ok thats were im at now it just feels like im going to brake it if i try to pull it up. but i dont even have to remove it all the way to get the bars out but i was think of painting the inner fairing. so thats why i tried it. thanks for the help

Back