free website stats program How to remove Nightster seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

How to remove Nightster seat?

09 FXSTC

:devil Bought Mama a brand new 08' Nightster yesteday. Went to change out the seat for something more confortable and I can get seat off? Removed the screw on the rear, tried lifting, pushing forward and lifting, pulling back and lifting, nothing worked. I don't know if this is covered in the owners manual the dealer couldn't find it and owes us one. It feels like there is a latch but I'll be darned if I can see or feel one. Thanks!:cheers

there is a tab under the tank that just slides under.
Undo the screw at the rear push the saddle bacwards and down in the middle it allow it to bend slightly and pull gently at the front and is should come out, it is a bit tight

I had a H-D 2 up seat fitted to mine, hard as nails, I'd like to fit the standard solo seat back. Do I need hex's or just a normal screwdriver and is it just a coupla screws to do?:panic

Hobbit pointed out awhile back about that little "nifty key hole" mid rear fender that is where a retention insert and c clip go. You can either move the full size saddle insert or buy a new insert of the modest sum of $6 and your done (LOL):newsmile100:....

To make it easy, use a medium sized zip ty and thread it through the insert, then the sharp tip feed it between the tire and fender until you can poke the works through and then use your free hand to pick up the c clip you dropped just out of reach... :newsmile040:

Oh, they sell those pretty black HD logo inserts to cover the exposed hole also...then comes that trick little rack that is so convenient and looks so good as it follows the curved lines of the tail...:small3d036:

Had to smack the front of my wife's Nighster seat with my palm a couple times to break the tab loose from under the tank. Just ensure you have control of the rear of the seat so the tab doesn't scratch the paint.

:devil Bought Mama a brand new 08' Nightster yesteday. Went to change out the seat for something more confortable and I can get seat off? Removed the screw on the rear, tried lifting, pushing forward and lifting, pulling back and lifting, nothing worked. I don't know if this is covered in the owners manual the dealer couldn't find it and owes us one. It feels like there is a latch but I'll be darned if I can see or feel one. Thanks!:cheers

you have to push the seat forward first then lift at the rear to get it off the boss under the middle of the seat then slide back

If you have the owners manual, it shows how to do it. I had problems changing out the seat to a reach seat for my Wife until I decided to read the manual.:panic

Back