free website stats program how to perform static timing on 98 softail custom 1340 evo | Harley Davidson Forums

how to perform static timing on 98 softail custom 1340 evo

hdfozz

Just replaced the cam sensor on evo,scribed mark on inner nose cone and replaced sensor in same position,performed steps per harley service manual...do not have the jumper harnesss that the manual calls for..backed probed the gr/wht wire + and - grd. have 5.7 volts constant,does not change when rotating sensor plate,to 1.0 volt as per the manual....I'm checking this with the engine off ignition on, is this the correct way or am I missing something....I did bring the front cyl up to tdc...any info would be very helpful thanks

Just replaced the cam sensor on evo,scribed mark on inner nose cone and replaced sensor in same position,performed steps per harley service manual...do not have the jumper harnesss that the manual calls for..backed probed the gr/wht wire + and - grd. have 5.7 volts constant,does not change when rotating sensor plate,to 1.0 volt as per the manual....I'm checking this with the engine off ignition on, is this the correct way or am I missing something....I did bring the front cyl up to tdc...any info would be very helpful thanks

Harley Ignitions - Harley Davidson Community will this help?

Back