How to kill a Toyota

Discussion in 'Videos' started by R.Bingham, May 13, 2011.

1. R.Bingham

R.Bingham Active Member

2. The Tank

The Tank Junior Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Very entertaining and amazing.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

That was done a few years ago and in subsequent series the remnants of that truck were on a large board on the set for all to see

Brian

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

That Toyota needs some Pledge! :D

5. Spade5

Spade5 Active Member

I owned an 82 and if it hadn't been stolen I would still be driving it. Built like a tank - rode like a tank. Ever notice that it seems to be the vehicle of choice for the fighters in Afghanistan. Thought about buying a new model but wonder if it would be as good.

6. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

I have an '88 4Runner that I bought new for $12,000. By 4Runner standards, this truck is just getting broken in (215,000 miles). Unfortunately, the drive train will be around a lot longer than the body. The steel they used is poor grade, at best....

7. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

That makes me miss my 80 model Toyota pick up a had. That thing never let me down and it was buried chest deep in the mud on a regular basis.

8. ckhismine

ckhismine Active Member

Toyota's are like the old Timex Marlin watches. They will take a licking and keep on ticking.

9. ZachB

ZachB Member

They used to be. Anymore I think they are junk.

10. PA_HD_GUY

PA_HD_GUY Member

Pretty amazing...

I killed my toyota camry @ 121K. Engine blew a head gasket, had it repaired, blew another head gasket. 5K later, I could have had a nice down payment for a new car.