free website stats program How to keep white sidewall tires in good condition | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How to keep white sidewall tires in good condition

I wish Jean-Pierre would come back to this thread and tell us what "cellulose diluent" is. Not that I want to use it on my tires, just to know what common item it is.:newsmile107:

About those "eraser pads". The white steps (some kind of plastic) in our pool had a ugly waterline stain that even straight 12% pool chlorine and vigorous brushing wouldn't take care of. My wife tossed me an eraser pad, and it was amazing. Just wiping across the stain, made it disappear. She said they work on almost everyting.:)

I was recomended to use 'Cif' which is a white domestic cleaning cream here in UK, on a green soft abrasive pad. tyre looks a mess until you rinse it all off but works a treat!

I was recomended to use 'Cif' which is a white domestic cleaning cream here in UK, on a green soft abrasive pad. tyre looks a mess until you rinse it all off but works a treat!

Nice one Snarly i'll give that a try:newsmile079:

Holy Moely what else in my kitchen is goin in the bike...First it was Pledge now Magic Eraser . I used sos pad and it was a mess the Magic Eraser is amazin no lie ! :bigsmiley20:

Ok so now I will try magic eraser. You say its safe to use chrome? Hope it don't scratch the rims. Been useing pledge on the other bikes for years. There was some thought about it turning yellow, but that was years ago.

Back