free website stats program how to get shoe marks off muffler | Harley Davidson Forums

how to get shoe marks off muffler

Being careful use easy off oven cleaner on a warm not hot muffler or pipe. Also a product called boot duke remover.

SOS pads leave small markes.

Last edited by a moderator:
SOS pads leave small markes.

I have been using them for years on chrome and have yet to have any detectable scratches. Now I do not get crazy with the pressure while doing it and make sure to keep the pad wet and soapy. When the soap is starting to disappear time for a new one.

I have been using them for years on chrome and have yet to have any detectable scratches. Now I do not get crazy with the pressure while doing it and make sure to keep the pad wet and soapy. When the soap is starting to disappear time for a new one.
Also works for me.
Just don't get crazy when rubbing.

Thanks for mentioning Neverdull. Haven't used it for years. When I was younger, I used it on my car wheels. Will try it on my mufflers.

Take the edge of a nickel and gently scrape it off. The nickel is softer than the chrome and won't scratch it if you're gentle. Follow with the finest steel wool and you're good to go

Back