free website stats program how to get bugs off windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

how to get bugs off windshield

Hey teleman, try taking some bpunce along with you, wet it and the bugs will wipe tight off. After wiping them off you will have to rinse it. Or try taking a can of pledge. I have never tried it but I have the bounce. It also cleans them off chrome also.

Re: how to get bugs ogg windshield

Much to my wifes anger I take one of her bath towels and soak it in warm soapy water and place it over the winshield for 15 minutes. They come right off.

Best of all no scratches.

As for the towel it now belongs to me.

I use the HD Bug Remover, That Stuff works Good, Spray it on and let sit a minute or two and wipe off, I keep a Bottle in the Saddlebag!

Much to my wifes anger I take one of her bath towels and soak it in warm soapy water and place it over the winshield for 15 minutes. They come right off.

Best of all no scratches.

As for the towel it now belongs to me.

Here's an idea to get in your wife's good graces again. Pick up a bag of micro fiber towels at the auto supply or warehouse club and use those, you can even give her some to use in the house. She love you long time. :bigsmiley16::gh:worthy:newsmile092:

They hold water better and are softer than terrycloth and work great with pledge.

Bounce sheet with water/Windex cleans them off of glass and chrome really easy. You need to follow it up with either Pledge or Windex to get the Bounce/emulsified bug film off though.

I would be careful using Windex (any cleaner with ammonia) on the windscreen. It will cause yellowing and crazing with time.

PLEDGE! A liberal shot on the bug and just work it a bit with your finger. It works especially well if there had been pledge used previously. Only thing I ever used to get them off the shield.

I know everyone says just a little pledge,but I just got home tonight after riding through what I think was every bug colony within 100 miles,my fairing and windshield were covered,I sprayed the pledge directly on ,left it for a few minutes and wiped off,there were only a couple stubborn ones after that and they only took a flick of my finger on the cloth to come off:D

In really bad circumstances a wet towel wrung out and placed over the fairing for 5 minutes works wonders in softening the critters up.

PLEDGE! A liberal shot on the bug and just work it a bit with your finger. It works especially well if there had been pledge used previously. Only thing I ever used to get them off the shield.

Ok, Ok...
I seem to have barely undestood that GLIDER shyly suggests to use PLEDGE (the brand in Italy is "PRONTO") for cleaning most parts of the bike. :s

Well, I just bought a can of the "Multisurface" version at the supermarket, intending to try it soon over the few chromed parts of my Street Bob.
I wonder if I can become part of the "Pledge Believers Church" :D

But for removing bugs from the windshield!?!?!?

Are you sure??

If this is true, I'll spread the word all around and become a priest of this religion!
:p

Ciao
Ugo

Back