free website stats program How To Check Front Motor Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

How To Check Front Motor Mount

Twinkie07

Like the title says.I was riding along and noticed a vibration after I hammered down on it.Felt almost like a flat spotted tire.But when I stopped the bike didnt idle a smooth as it should.Motor seemed to be moving more than normal.But it could just be me.
The front mount does look to be moving a bit.This is my first rubber mounted Harley.
How can I check it for too much movement.

The manual does not give any measurement for this, it only states to be sure the mounts support the weight of the engine, that said the Dyna is notorious for weak factory front and rear mounts The front mount gets destroyed if not using good oil filter changing practices

Like the title says.I was riding along and noticed a vibration after I hammered down on it.Felt almost like a flat spotted tire.But when I stopped the bike didnt idle a smooth as it should.Motor seemed to be moving more than normal.But it could just be me.
The front mount does look to be moving a bit.This is my first rubber mounted Harley.
How can I check it for too much movement.

It is very difficult to diagnose a problem like your question remotely. As it's your 1st rubber mounted Harley, you may not be used to the exaggerated engine shake at idle, which is different than "vibration" underway. My 23 yr. old Dyna has the original mounts, but doesn't "shake" anymore than my 8 yr. old Electra Glide (which is considerable at idle). My suggestion is to find some other Dyna's when you're out and about, and talk to the owners, & observe/compare those engines to yours when running.

have anyone install Predator HDD100M Twin Cam front engine mount
on a 2015 Wide Glide?
is it worth spending the$$$ for this mount
any comments will be gladly appreciated

when my front motor mount went it sounded like the engine was slamming against something when I accelerated, if the bike was sitting idling I could give it gas and see it was moving much more than it had in the past, it was shot, I replaced it with a stock one

I bought the glide pro for my eg. Huge difference. No more motor shaking and no vibration in the handlebars at all. Would do it again
WAP.gif

Back