free website stats program how to change base gaskets | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

how to change base gaskets

my heads are ready and my cylinders will be done tomorrow...I'll be putting mine back together next week

my heads are ready and my cylinders will be done tomorrow...I'll be putting mine back together next week

Good for you let us know how it goes, remember a drop of oil under the head bolts:s:s

getting started on mine finally. (couldnt wait till the new year) lol. so far I am as far as having rocker box covers off. hit it again tomorrow after I study the manual for exact instruction to proceed. so far, so good! The motion pro wrench is nice and will be great for torqueing on assembly! Slow going today because I got a late start and I pulled off a lot of wiring the previous owner had done for lights here and there. Thanks to everyone for the support!

Good luck, and I am at the point of prepping for reinstall, a lot of parts cleaning, I couldn't find the gasket remover so I can soaked the gaskets with goo gone it didn't work very well

Good luck, and I am at the point of prepping for reinstall, a lot of parts cleaning, I couldn't find the gasket remover so I can soaked the gaskets with goo gone it didn't work very well

Permatex gasket remover at Napa:s

The lower rocker and base gaskets can be a bit of a pest to get off i tend to spend many hours with a razor blade it works for me and i have used this method for many years with no problem

Brian

well, I must agree, getting the gaskets off was definately the most difficult part of this job! all back together, looking better than ever, no leaks, runs great, and I had a blast doing it! Thanks to everyone for your input! BTW, the back rocker box cover was (EDIT) to get on with the new gaskets but came out pretty easy. Is that normal? maybe I got lucky on disassembly and couldnt figure out how it went in best, but hey! Its done and everything is good in the world again!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back