free website stats program How old would you be, if you did not know how old you are | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How old would you be, if you did not know how old you are

What a great post.... my wife and I talk about this all the time. I just passed the 58 mile marker last week. Still feel like a 25-30 year old trapped in a 58 year old body...really been very lucky health wise thanks to a wife and best friend of almost 38 years. We married very young and raised ourselves with our first born. Would not have it any other way... our two sons are grown and married and the fourth grandchild on the way. Young enough to have fun with them and just last week-end our oldest granddaughter said.. Nana you and Papa are very cool.. you ride motorcycles..play golf.. and you are not like the other grandparents. PRICELESS !! Like the music from the 50's and 60's and can still remember the year and make of any car from the late 50's thru the 70's after than have no idea. Wife and I were out last last night at a dance with some good friends and had a blast... keep active while all the parts still work.

I have a vivid memory back to the age of 3...but can't remember where I laid my wallet at? Or keys at times....
I had the same problem when I was 3yrs, my wallet, keys...big colored plastic ones too tasted lovely, always losing them...:D

When chicks ask how old I am I usually use the following reply, although I can't remember if it was a quote or not.

"Old enough to know what I'm doing and young enough to enjoy it!" :small3d008:

Boy it's great to hear someone else has my aches and pains. I'm 55 and loving it. Kids just left and I bought a new Harley. When I'm riding (been 30 years) I feel 20 something. When I get down cutting the grass, I feel like 50 something. My new bike will be my projects to keep me busy and staying young at heart.

I just hit the half century mark this month. The wife took me to the Wesco boot factory and had me fitted for a custom pair of Boss boots!:bigsmiley22:

If I didn't know how old I was and had to guess, I'd think I was about 35. I often have pains that really surprise me:newsmile070: and make me wonder if I'm really older then 50!:small3d001:

Our youngest leaves for Navy boot camp next week, he's the last one leaving the nest and leaving my wife and I all ALONE!:bigsmiley11:

I've already got 4 weeks of vacation planned out for next summer for some extended rides. My sis in Arizona will be first stop in the spring.:rider

Same same 18yrs old, still tune in to the 60's 70's radio stations (although then I was alot younger than 18yrs) I still look ok with the exception of first thing in the morning all puffy faced, look in the mirror and my old man is looking back at me...scarey :52:

I turned 56 this past June. Now this observation of looking "in the mirror and my old man is looking back at me..." Well I can't relate to that. I really never looked much like my Dad at all. Then I got to thinking....When I was a lad Dad would tease me and say that "you look like the "ice man" (A guy who delivered blocks of ice to our home when the folks were newlyweds)...Then he further added, "Son you were so ugly when you were born that we hid you out for six months."

Dad passed away about ten years ago and boy do I miss his teasing. He was truly a peach of a man.

Back in my Garage band days 1966-1968, Dad thrived on being our main "groupie". He would haul our band instruments anytime, anywhere, anyday. Then sit in the back and pat his feet to the sound of "Louie Louie", Rolling Stones, Yardbirds, and Who. I think he requested Wolly Bully the most. And when the dancers would get kind of worn down....Dad would take me aside and say..."Son play "Hey Little Girl" (Syndicate of Sound) and that will get them hopp'in." And we did then and the sock hoppers were hopp'in.:bigsmiley8::breakdance:newsmile108:

I've looked all over for my keys only to find them stuffed down in my pocket.:)

When we get to where we can hunt our own Easter Eggs...then woe...look out!!!!!:panic

So far all you guys sound like youngsters. At 63(the same as my high school graduation year) I feel like I'm just beginning. Everything before is "just history". I was at Newport when Bob Dylan "went electric". Lost friends in VietNam. was married (more than once)and went through many other things that are all behind me. When I was 19, I told a friend I would have a motorcycle before I was thirty. Well,then life happened and I was a single mom for a long time and that dream just fell by the wayside.Many :newsmile080:years (and a few husbands) later , my current husband(mr2cool) told me he was going to buy a Harley Davidson and should he get a passenger seat for it.That was the beginning of a whole new chapter of my life.I can relate to all the aches,pains,back problems and all the other old age stuff - but this is the most fun I ever had (that I can remember) without taking my clothes off. So I guess I will just be this age and be grateful that nothing happened before now that would have made me miss it.:bigsmiley24::beach:rider

I think like I am 21, my body is telling me thats just not so.......
My EX-wife always said I was more like 16.......but then she got old and fat and b*****......I can still wear jeans from 30 years go.....and they fit

Am i allowed to say "That you're only as old as the woman you feel?"Or man,in mrs2's case!Except that my new wife is a little bit younger than my 52 years.Thinking hard about this,i'd put myself about 35.

Like everyone else,i've got back,knees,wrist,arm ,finger etc etc aches.From a lifetime of work,rough sports and pursuits.And a couple of racetrack crashes.But at 35,i'm still sound of mind and (relatively)sound of body.Still able to appreciate life-kids,music,relationships and Heaven forbid;WORK.I guess i'm luckier than most;i'm at a stage in my life when i'm reasonably well off,but it has been set up by hard work earlier on.

And that brings me to that favourite old lambast:wish i knew then what i know now!I'd be so well off that someone else would be typing this for me,and i'd be out riding.

Last edited:
Still think I'm in my late teens or early 20's(at 57) I'll break out the 6 string, crank up the amp, plug in the peddles, put on some Hendrix or Stevie Ray or Clapton on and start pick'..n away. Then reality sets in, "the grass needs mowed, the house needs paint, the fence needs repaired, dog needs a bath and thats when the aches and pains start. Always liked the "metal and blues sound of music" and some of todays sounds are awesome. Looks like we males all experienced the same life crisis about the same time. Mrs2Cool, your just to cool for words.

Back