free website stats program How much "puke" is too much? | Harley Davidson Forums

How much "puke" is too much?

shovelheaded

I just found this forum. Great posts!
I have a 71' shovel that "pukes" about a cup or two of oil everytime it is fired. It doesn't have to sit long (hours) before it does it. How much is too much? What are a few options for dealing with it? I am quickly getting banned from some good joints for screwing up the parking lots. I got great oil pressure at the rocker cover. I know all about "leaky" shovels. It is good at keeping the chain oiled. I just figured someone has a way to deal with it. I am running 50 wt.

There's a check ball in the oil pump body along with a spring.They get old and allow oil to creep from the tank into the gearcase.Then the breather does it's thing hence the puke.You can replace them or just run the breather to a catch can that'll hold a pint or so.Then just empty daily at your place.Or theirs.

What he ^^^ said.:rofl

I'd also try some Marvel Mystery oil in the engine oil to clean things up a bit.

Hey glider does running one before the other (seafoam or MM Oil) defeat one or the others purpose?

Back