free website stats program How Much Money Do You Have In accessories ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Much Money Do You Have In accessories ??

I Estimate I have about $2000.00 -/+ in Accessories on the Bike and that is not including the Purchase Price!

HD Stands for "Hundreds of Dollars" :bigsmiley14:

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

I have a spreadsheet of what I want broken down in groups of. (ex-computer programmer in me!!)

1. What I want/gift ideas (usually less that $200)
2. What I want big ticket/special order
3. What I'm not sure about.

When I get something off my list or otherwise buy something, I change it to another group called "Things I've Bought".

The "bought" section is at $2329.61.

My "wishlist" sections are at about 7 thou.

I created 2 login accounts on the HD website. On one of the accounts I have everything I want to buy in my "wishlist." The other has everything that I have already purchased in the "wishlist." This way I can keep track of how much I have purchased from HD. Of course, it does not include all of the aftermarket stuff, pipes, labor, etc. I'm up to $3,202.95.

Actually, I've spent a whole lot less on this bike than all the others as far as accessories. I've spent only $3,125 so far. Cool! And as far as I'm concerned, it's done. (I think) Now of course the bike cost me an arm and leg, but this thread was about accessories. :D
Ugly John

I am afraid to add up the receipts in my HD folder. And we have two Harley's in the garage.
Wife doesn't bat an eye. Even when I went overboard with the engine on mine.

I have apx 12k in extras on my 2009 road king classic. I will list a few of the upgrades
Custom painting with murals and air brushing. CFR slip on's, 204 cams, Hydro clutch,
1 1/2 bars, ABS brakes, chrome forks, hand grips, mirrors, race tuner, speedo 600 different colors, led tail lights, signal lights front and rear, upgraded head light, high intensity, chrome bolts throughout bike led flush gas indicator, flush gas cap. chrome regulator, badging ( live to ride) , license plate frame chrome bent to the radius of rear fender almost flat. All cables run through 1 1/2 bars ( diamond braided cables , battery tender jack, garage door opener , great lift jack , and more to much to mention it all . Love my bike , wifes not to thrilled about it , the cost especially. She will get over it i'm sure. If you want to see a picture look under jtrisch albums or all albums

Last edited:
I know what you are thinking , the only reason I checked was because I was looking @ changing INS co & they want a detailed list . If I went into the engine Mods & hog tune & gps I may be getting into the $7000 RANGE . MAYBE I should just :cheers and :D

If it is for insurance purposes you are valuating your bike...you have to balance the base value of stock bike, vs your replacement price to "make you whole" if you suffer a total loss...at least intuitively one would think so...BUT...I think it was Glider who said it best awhile back...the value is based on Kelly Blue Book or similar with the only sliding scale being...CONDITION and MILEAGE...accessories, or it being a CVO vs standard, most all of that is fluff that does not affect the value (as much as we would like it to) AND if bike in question was ever in a major accident or repair in it's history. I would sleep on it :small3d035: then decide what level you want to pay and whether the insurance carrier will really deliver when you need them.:s

I had to add up the reciepts for the extra writer on accessories they wanted a list , if I had something happen & if it is not listed they would not cover it . The insuance co will cover up to $ 3000 , I had to pay extra $$ to increase accessories coverage to $5000 . I am switching from progressive to American Reliable , I am saving over $400 by switching . I dont know if they are any better or worst than progressive & I hope I dont have to find out . Some insuance co will not even offer MC insurance in Michigan .

I haven't added mine up for 2 reasons:
1. I'm not sure I really want to know; and
2. I'm definitely afraid the wife would find the list. :bigsmiley14:

She cringes every time she sees the big brown truck coming down the street, afraid it's going to stop in front of our house.

Back