free website stats program How much do you drink and still ride? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

How much do you drink and still ride?

How much do you drink and still ride?

• Nothing...just soft drinks!

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • 1 to 2 beer

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • 3 to 4 beer

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Much more!

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
None for me. I'm 58 and took up riding just 4 years ago. I've ridden about 20,000 miles during that time, but still consider myself a beginning rider. I don't want alcohol to interfere with my learning curve.

Or another rear tire...not worth the entertainment value or the long push home...:small3d018:

There's a bar about 90 min from home that we go to fairly often.
Nice ride, music, nice owners, friendly people,etc.
When we arrive, I have one small beer, then we sit and watch the band
for at least the next 2 hours while I drink Coke.

Course, if we take the cage (i.e. wife driving), well then I can have
more than one :)

None for me. Can't have one without it leading to two which leads to three and so on so I just don't do it. ( I have enough problems with the pain management medicine I take and to add alcohol is much too dangerous.

Since I'm usually one of the guys in the band, I usually get pretty smashed. BUT, that's only because I'm not driving. Otherwise, I might have 1 beer when I get there and then sit for at least 1 hour before I'll head out. And I won't ride with someone if they're tying one on. I started getting responsible once I became a father about 4 years ago....too much to lose!!!

I've been riding since 1985 and can honestly say that I've never had an adult beverage while on two wheels. Never, not one. When in the car, may have 3 or 4 over the course of an evening (6-8 hours). Just not worth the risk.

The good thing is I bought my bike pretty much after I calmed down and quit drinking. I have not quit completely, I now drink socially and responsibly instead of crawling home wasted. I will have a beer or two on a ride if I am out with friends, but that is the limit.

None for me. Can't have one without it leading to two which leads to three and so on so I just don't do it. ( I have enough problems with the pain management medicine I take and to add alcohol is much too dangerous.

Glad to hear you out and about. Hope your recovery goes well as well as your love for riding. I know that riding my bike is good therapy for my body and spirit...Ride long and ride well!

No need for beverages when this HD lifestyle is such a high already! :cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back