free website stats program How much do you drink and still ride? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

How much do you drink and still ride?

How much do you drink and still ride?

• Nothing...just soft drinks!

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • 1 to 2 beer

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • 3 to 4 beer

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Much more!

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, Zip, Nada!!! Just water or soda. If its not safe to Drive a Car and Drink I think Its Ten times More Dangerous to Drink and Ride a Bike

In my younger days it was quite a bit. On night in the bar (30+ years ago) had a good friend really tie one on, we found him in the ditch the next morning.

Alcohol + motorcycle + wet road = BAD NEWS.

Two weeks later little brother got run over by a drunk, while out on a night ride, and was crippled for life.

It was a lesson that has never been forgoten...

A quick story: Got asked to ride to a rally with a coupla Heritage Softailers; both were 2 up. 1'st stop was a grocery store where the girls downed 2 beer, 2nd stop was for gas and all 4 chugged a beer. 3rd stop was a restaurant for lunch. Once again, beers were ordered one-after-another during talk of riding thru the Smokies before going to the rally. I am not a prude and enjoy partaking of adult beverages as much as the next guy, but never while on the bike. This was was way excessive for me. I over heard a group getting ready to ride over to the rally and made my exit with them as graciously as possible.

These were 40-something professionals that seemed to be otherwise law-abiding individuals with families and good jobs. I was really surprised at how much they were drinking while riding. I guess the excitement of the rally blurred their decision-making process.

Oh! And the drinking started at 10 and it was still only 11:30am when I left. It'd be tough for me to keep up with that pace even in my younger years.

I don't think I can think of anything better then an ice cold mug of beer (any beer) to quench my thirst. I've been known to enjoy some Crown Royal on ice also, but it never happens when I'm riding. I always save it for when the ride is over, ALWAYS!

ZERO!!!! No alcohol .......ever .... I figure ....I'm on a 600 lb machine dodging autos weighing 1,000's of lbs all around me and usually with my husband following on his Street Glide, plus other riders and friends with us. God forbid!!! Why would I want to put myself or anyone else in that kind of jeopardy just for a cheap "buzz"? GEES LOUISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back