free website stats program How much do you drink and still ride? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How much do you drink and still ride?

How much do you drink and still ride?

• Nothing...just soft drinks!

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • 1 to 2 beer

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • 3 to 4 beer

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Much more!

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY little. I have had a (1) beer the ride but those occasions are few and far between. Much as I like the suds, biking and drinking don't work for me.

Only 1 solo on a rare occasion, otherwise none...don't take a chance on riding impaired, especially with co-rider...just too much at stake for my family and friends.

Because I find alcohol affects you differently at different times regardless of quantity, I stick to soft drinks if I know I'm going to ride or drive.

Besides, riding is exhilarating enough.

When I ride, I put 110% attention on what I'm doing and what the cages are going to do. I know that if I drink, then 110% attenion is down the drain. I have nothing against the guys having a couple. Myself, I drink water or ice tea. There's been a couple of times (sober) I've got blasted by the wind at a traffice light and almost lost it. I would have if I had been drinking. Ride safe and know your limits. It would be a shame if you got hit by a drunk cager and you also had alcohol on your breath. You'd end up with nothing.
We all know we need pay strict attention to our actions when riding. Drinking limits this attention. Ride safe and don't drink and ride. :)

England says 1 bier,I say none.Seen some very awesome tests,would put anyone thats seen them off rideing/driving after even the one.
Not putting anyone down,but anything that can affect your driving or riding even slightly detrimentally,should be kept in the fridge.....or in the bag!

49 years old and maybe a couple beers that I nurse. Certainly not like back in the eighties doing poker runs with a party afterward that we rode home from. What idiots we were back then, but times were different.

No alcohol if I'm driving the motorcycle. One, maybe two if time is spread out, if I'm driving anything else. Coming up on 60 years old, and with my reflex time waning, I can be run over by a car being pushed by three guys.

This is something im working on. a riding freind of mine and me are trying to change our habits. alot of weekends we ride to bars to see bands. im trying to tell myself that just because im in a bar i dont have to have a drink in my hand all of the time. drink one or two and ride a couple of hours or have a soda instead. we figure weve been way to lucky for way to long. time to be responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back