free website stats program How many of you have had this happen... | Harley Davidson Forums

How many of you have had this happen...

Crambo

How many of you have had this happen...

Your riding...maybe on one of your favorite back roads, you've been down this road a thousand times before, or perhaps it's your first time, you open her up on the straight or your about to overtake that cager thats been blocking your highway the last couple of clicks, it's a maneuver that could'nt be easier...so why are you holding off! What's holding you back...your actually telling yourself "Nah I'm gonna sit back for a while, why am I riding so slow..!" and then you see why!!
A rig has jacknifed and has taken out every living thing exactly where you would have been had you opened the throttle.
This isn't biker experience I'm talking about, this is something that you have never experienced, it's something that's done consciously not unconsciously and it's just saved your life, what stopped you from and lets face it...dying!

Cue X-Files theme music :D

WOW... that has not happened but once a car started in my lane from the right and I do not know why but I just looked over in time to see her coming and had to take my foot and kick the drivers side door. She was on the cell phone and had no idea she had drifted into my lane and I had no where else to go being in a crowed 4 lane at rush hour.

that little voice inside your head.......

Belleville, Ontario, highway was 3 lanes wide, i was in the center, that little
voice said to move over to the right, the slow lane.

Sunday midnight, no traffic.... bahhh.. c'mon.

Bout 2 minutes later i got run over by a drunk driver...............

bike's finished, i'm off for 6 months.
Now, i try to listen to that voice sometimes...

Crambo..
Check post "Fear Of Flying"

It's called listening or going with your gut. And common sence.
Sometimes i don't think people listening to any of them..

Very good post Richards!
I could not agree more.

My 16 year old son is taking the M/C safety course this spring exactly for the reasons you have outlined. It will make him a better cage driver and much more aware of his surroundings when he is behind the wheel.
I was reading the drivers study book last week with my 14 year old daughter this past week, and I am glad to see the state of Georgia now has a total of 4 pages dedicated to strictly motorcycle awarness. It does not sound like much but it's better then what it was in the past, 1 page.
My daughter will take the M/C safety course as well.

It's a lot more then jumping on, hitting the switch and taking off. Pound for pound it out weights getting in a car 10 fold..

I have not had it happen while on my bike but it has happen to me and my wife in her vehicle one night. We were leaving to go out to eat one night and to the grocery store. My wife dropped something onto her pants about the time we were leaving so she just had to go back in the house and change even though you could not see it unless you were looking for it. Well it is a good thing she did. Once we got on the road there was a wreck that happen about where we would have been. A truck driver fell asleep on the interstate and crossed into the oncoming traffic which caused a huge wreck and took 6 or either 7 lives. Sometimes you just need to listen to the little voice that tells you to do something. We fell so bad for the people and families involved but we so happy that we had to be delayed a few minutes.

Just last week I'm going down a road that the speed limit is 50. I look ahead panning and I see something that I had never seen in my life. I'm wondering what in the worlds is that? Now this object is in the other lane coming towards me ( but in their lane). Finally the objects changes shape...then I realized what it was. It changed it's shape because the gent riding his crotch-rocket came down off of the back wheel onto both wheels just a about 50-75 feet in front of me. When it was on the front wheel coming to me I could not figure out what the devil it was. When he landed on his front tire he bounced and I thought for a second....wow here comes another funeral......
The gent got control of his bike and proceeded on.

Call it ridin' luck, sixth sense, guardian angels, whatever. We all need it and we all know we have experienced some of it.:)

Full planes rarely crash.... the people that WERE scheduled to fly on the plane that crashed got sick, or got a weird feeling, or got stuck in unusual traffic, or had to work late, etc.... and missed the flight.

Randall,
That was no gent...that was the angel of death in the form of an irresponsible and immature little pissant who could have taken you from your family. It's little (EDIT...I'll do it myself!) that gives anybody on a motorcycle a bad name, not us on our Harleys acting like adults.

I guess I was just trying to be nice. Yeah...instead of being Gent...the one wheeled rider was a....goober? I'm just glad the goofball did not get hurt...none the less.

Back