free website stats program How Many Miles on Your Harley? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Many Miles on Your Harley?

Just over 200,000 on my '86 FXRS. Bought it new for $8400 out the door. Still runs like a champ.

5000+ on my new(er) '03 RG which I bought last March.

Curious, have you have any major engine problems, transmission??
200,000 miles. That will sell a Harley.

That's actually a good point, about "any major problems". Some respectable mileages have been quoted, but it might help to put it into even more perspective if any issues beyond normal wear and tear were mentioned?
(I reckon 200 thou is pretty good for anything still on the road.)
So now you'll all have to post again. :khee

I put 35K on a '97 Roadking, replaced it with a 2003 Roadking.

On the '03 Roadking I have racked up nearly 35K (not enough). I've maintained the proper upkeep. The only mechanical problem I have had was the abrupt breaking of a throttle cable at about 32K. Thank goodness I was only 4 miles from home when this happened.

It is my intention to ride an average of 10K miles a year, if possible.

I just bought the 96 fat boy in september. has 4,023 miles on it. It was customised for a local Mercedes dealer and evidently he didn't have much time to ride. Hope to put some miles on her myself as soon as possible!

My story is almost identical to drake' ...bought 04 Sportster in August, now has 4,212 miles on it, was customized by a local Toyota dealer, who did some riding, but got himself a big red Ultra bagger...could not justify to his wife that he could "fit" two of 'em in their garage...he really is a good salesman, but his loss was my gain! :ap

I also hope to get plenty of miles on her too! :D

Posted 111,000 on my FLHTI. Bottom rebuild at 80,000 (warranty) Front and rear sprockets at 97,000 partially covered.(front sprocket). Out of round cylinders at 111,000 not covered. Back on the road yesterday. Hoping to last until the '10s come out. Really not worth anything to anyone but me. But I love her. we've seen a lot of the US together.

I've had 3 top end jobs across the years, and 3-4 years ago, I had the top and bottom rebuilt after the main bearings went out. That was at about 175,000. Never had a transmission problem; had a few clutch plates changed out about 10 years ago. Early on I got rid of the stock carb and "brain". Have been running a Dyna ignition module for the last 15 years.

Most of the problems today stem from brittle wiring. I can't decide whether to rewire it or just sell it. I don't have room in the garage for 2 bikes.

Just hit 5500 on my 06 SB before I put her away for the winter. Plan to put many more on this one (since I got it with only 1800 on it this year).

As for retiring it or trading it, not anytime soon. Kids are still too young to go to a touring model, but once they are older and the wife is ready, I have my eyes on plenty of them. Regardless I think the SB will be in the garage forever... I hope.

Back