free website stats program How many miles in a day? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles in a day?

Well, I have seen a lot of interesting replies on this post. I started this post before my trek to Daytona for bike week and after the trip I have a better idea of what it takes to ride from daylight to dark. We rode about 8 hrs home from Austin Tx. from the R.O.T rally a couple years ago and I thought we done something special, BUT we arose at 5am yesterday to hit the rode at 6am from Daytona to Magnolia Ar(950miles) and arrived home last night at 10:30pm. I got up this am feeling pretty good little sore in the lower back and have a roar in the head (loud Rineharts)(love em). I ride with a guy that has an 2010 ultra classic, he complained at one stop that he was numb and sore, I said I'll let you ride a real motorcycle(07 heritage classic) and I'll ride that geezer glide home for you. We all got a kick out of the kidding and moved on. I do love the Ultra, just not old enough to have one yet(I guess) so I'm told. I would say just to sum up all the babbling, that there are a lot of factors to how far and how long you can sit in a saddle. I can ride about 170 miles between fuel stops and rest. I had a good time at Daytona bike week, if you haven't been, GO!!!

Back