free website stats program How many miles have you traveled in one day? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles have you traveled in one day?

Southern Maine to Southern Ohio; about 1016 miles one way and then road back a week later. Stopped for fuel only on both legs.

- 438 on my old 05 XL1200C cruising around West IA/East NE
- 150 on my 09 SG, but still waiting to take it out for the "long-haul"...got a late start last fall when I traded the Sporty...hopefully will rack some serious miles soon!

I've done one day at 1042 miles, and two days totaling 2077 miles. I plan to try doing the 50CC challenge (San Diego to Jacksonville in less than 50 hrs) on 6/1 - 6/2. Let's hope all goes well!

Wow Happy trails

My longest as of now is about 370 miles solo. My longest 2-up is 230 and my wife was ready to get off. I haven't had a chance to do a long trip yet.

720 miles (approx. 1160 kms) in 1990 from Lac du Bonnet in SE Manitoba to Gillam in northern Manitoba on a '83 Honda V45 Magna. The last 150 miles on freshly graded crushed granite/gravel took me almost 5 hours of white knuckle riding (other than a bus the first 30 miles there was noone on the road on that last stretch).
Blew out a muffler early in the day and was feeling near deaf by the time I'd pulled into Gillam at 4am.
Had planned on o'nighting in Thompson but the forecast was for heavy rain the next morning, so kept going. It rained the next 3 or 4 days making the road really crappy.

732 miles on my Softail Deuce on July 20, 2006. On my way back to VA from Utah, CO, WY, SD etc. Left Council Bluffs, Iowa at 0550 and arrived at Jeffersontown, KY at 2000. Made it home the next day, but it was three days of hard riding. 5316 miles in eight days of riding. Bought the geezer glide shortly thereafter!

approx. 1500 miles from Bobcaygeon Ontario to Daytona beach on a Kawasaki triple. I was 17 yrs. old and thought sleep was for the rest of the world.
The Kawi stayed in Fla. on the side of the road I burnt up the motor and hitchhiked home.Remember when you could still do that?:)

I think we have a winner???:newsmile100:

You all have gone farther, but I've gone 550. That's about as far as my old body will go.:newsmile016:

Rode to Kelowna from Airdrie (Calgary) and back last year to drop off a birthday present for my nephew. 800 miles in about 16 hours. Hit some construction that slowed me down plus the speed limit in BC was mostly 90kph.

Me and another guy did 685 miles riding from Cedar Park, TX to Socorro, NM one day last summer. Between dodging deer through most of Lincoln County and finishing in a desert thunderstorm, it was a pretty long day.

Back