free website stats program how many miles do you ride | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

how many miles do you ride

Close to 46,000 on my 06 Ultra. When I bought it in 08 it had bout 12,000 on it. I'd be over 60,000 miles if it wasnt for that one year in Iraq! HA! :D

I'm pretty steady at 10,000/year. Bought an 2000 Road King new and sold it in August 2010 with 104,000. New Ultra is just 14 months old and has 20,000. For someone who lives in the Northeast and works a full-time job, I'd say I'm doing ok. But as another reader put it..."not enough."

I usually get a lot in as I ride 22mi to and 22m from work and 7 days a week.
Living in Ohio gives you limited riding, but get between 7 and 8 thousand.

I think I will average out about 5K a year. Only ride on weekends and then mostly only on saturdays. that is mostly to a restaurant to eat (always with wife on board) and then maybe a round about trip back home for maybe 100-150 miles.
I would like to ask - how many of you all have - lets say - over 50K miles on your bike and still ride it around as if it only had - 10-20K miles on it. I read some put almost 25K a year - by that standard, in 2 years it would have 50K and 4 years - 100K. When do you look at getting a new bike? I dont think I would like to rely on a MC with 100K miles on it for a long trips.

Bill

Back