free website stats program how many miles do you ride | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

how many miles do you ride

Pacific northwest gives us a window to ride of about 6 weeks, not all together. I am usually able to grab about 3k a season.

Pacific northwest gives us a window to ride of about 6 weeks, not all together. I am usually able to grab about 3k a season.

Six weeks? I had no idea the riding season was so short there. I thought you guys lived in a temperate climate. Is it because you get a lot of rain?

Due to global weather changes our usual 6 weeks of good riding weather have been cut in half over the last few years so good rain gear is a must but so far i have not found anything that works 100% but i have managed to get about 3000 miles done this year
we have had gales and severe gales over the last couple of days frost forecast for tonight winter is coming 2 months early this year

Brian

I live in WA state, so most of my riding is in horrible weather, but I have maintained 20,000+ miles a year for the last three straight years. There are only a few days a year where the ice & snow are too thick for riding.

Some day I will break down and get some heated gear, 29 degree's is (EDIT)
cold to ride in with just Jeans, Chaps and a Leather jacket...

Monolith

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but a Vespa is not too shabby round town, yielding 65 MPG for my short 3-5 mile commute and the bugger gets up to 70MPH on the freeway with more leg and windscreen protection than the full sized QR fairing on the Sporty, yet provides quicker steering than even my old Katana, it is a hoot to ride.:11:

I would ride one too if the commute was closer..... Jeepers, I have 35 miles one way, everyday... Always thought a Suzuki Burgman would be a good choice.

I typically ride about 15k a year, about half and half commuting to work and playing....

My 07 RK FLHP turned 1 year old (to me) May 20 (at Myrtle Beach Bike Week) and I had 17,019. More longer distance riding on this one compared to my 08 1200c Sporty. This one's been to Daytona Biketoberfest (with the wife on back), Myrtle 3X, and to Md to visit family (son's house is an hour from York, so we did the tour), and it rode the Dragon both day and night the week I was supposed to go to spring Daytona this year. I ride every day it's not snow or black ice.

Average about 30K per year. Ride year round in South Texas, and usually get in at least one trip of 5K to 7K per year. Always ride two up, latest 010 CVO Ultra has been my best bike yet.

Back