free website stats program how many miles do you ride | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

how many miles do you ride

Apparently the short hoppers are staying away from this thread. Makes ya wonder where all the 10 year old low mileage bikes are coming from.

I have a 87 FXRC that only has 31,173 miles on her and a 07 Ultra that has 20,990 on the odo. Wanna buy the 87?????? And if things dont improve with my injury the 07 maybe up for sale. That way I can go get a $32k Harley Trike!!!

Yeah the low mileage guys are not posting! Plenty of them out there for sale at the dealers! Saw a 2009 Road King at my local dealership with 1400 miles on it! What is the point in buying a $20K bike and putting 500 miles a season on it......I had mine in for the 1K service 5 days after I picked it up.

Some of us out here cant ride every day due to kids, job,family members homeownership. My job has(had) me in a cage Mon - Fri. covering several states. I ride when I can. The point I bought a $20k scoot --- Cause I could and I wanted to. Just because someone doesnt spend 24/7 , 365 in the saddle dont make him/her any less of a "scooterbum" in my book! Just ride man when ya can!!!! This is just me here and not trying to be a smart-mouth stirrin' trouble.
Randy

Got to add Grandkids to that list. They're as much fun as riding, just a different kind of fun! :D

100 % agreed !!! Got 5 of em! Had to take care of one of my granddaughters for a bit cause of "dippy" daughter choices ( cant type what I want to say here!!!!)

5500 from middle of may till now with 2 weeks no ride due to health issues. And to echo some others, not enough

A little over 15,000 last year. I will be between 18,000 to 20,000 this year. Already over 16,000 and the fall riding season is not here yet. Addicted to riding!

i agree with R. Lewis i love my bike and love to ride and do the rally thing but this yr i have rode less than 500 mi.due to work when you can and play when you dont have work to do. if your in the construction business or self employed you know what i mean. you dont turn down work these days to play.ranger boat has not been out of garage since march and dont know if ill make it to south dakota this yr to pheasant hunt and i have been heading west to hunt 20yrs in row.times and the way im thinking has changed the last couple of yrs but fortunately i havent had to put a for sale sign on anything.i hope things get better for everyone, cause the way i see it it is a sad time for a whole lot of people out there. wishing all well and glad some have the ability to put lot of miles on the wheels.

Purchased my '07 Custom 10/14/08 with 1,874 miles; today 9/13/11 30,479 miles.

No moss on it.

Sunday's ride 403 miles by GPS track attached.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• SCRC TomB 9 11 11 ride.jpg
    SCRC TomB 9 11 11 ride.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
Typically get 4K per year...1st year I put 8K on it...but lately I have been riding a Vespa GT200 scooter to try and minimize wear and tear on the V-twin and 'cause the price of gas here in SoCal is skirting close to $4 per gallon.:p

Sorry, but a Vespa is not too shabby round town, yielding 65 MPG for my short 3-5 mile commute and the bugger gets up to 70MPH on the freeway with more leg and windscreen protection than the full sized QR fairing on the Sporty, yet provides quicker steering than even my old Katana, it is a hoot to ride.:11:

Back