free website stats program How many miles are to many. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles are to many.

Dont know how it works your side of the pond,but here Harleys hold thier value real well.My Wide Glide was a 96,and at 10 years old when I bought it,it cost me £7 k.Had only 19,000 on it,well cared for,as most Harleys are,and now with 24000 on the clock,and 4 years older still worth £5,500.(AND STILL IN SPLENDID CONDITION I MIGHT ADD!)

Hello, I don't mean to imply that HD's are not holding their value, I would never own another bike. What I am saying is it's a rough road for many people and giving up some of their toys comes first. Many have lost their jobs or have been cut way back on hours and have no way out. For those people they are willing to take a loss to get out from under the load. Look around, I know of several dealers in my area that sell repos too. Those bikes tend to go low but you usually won't get a history or any goodies with those bikes but most have only a few miles. Arm yourself with knowledge and patience, check the completed listings on Ebay and you'll see for yourself what is really selling. If you see a lot of HD's listed on Ebay from a Car dealer or other bike dealer in your area, sniff around, that's usually one who is getting the repos. It never fails there is always someone asking twice what a bike is really worth, people don't realize you don't get back chrome money. Any custom chrome parts you invest must be because you like them, you can never count this as part of the value, just ask your HD Dealer.
Keep Looking.........Moose

Back