How many hours a week do you spend cleaning your bike?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Zamadan, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Zamadan

Zamadan Active Member

I usually spend an 1/2 hour after each ride debugging the bike. Twice a week for a full wash and wax. Plus I have a secret weapon, every time the little woman wants to go for I ride, I just say it would be embarassing cause it's dirty, Presto, one clean bike and she gets the hubby stamp of approval. Will never admit she does a better job.
  2. anarchy

anarchy Member

how many hours a week?? let's see if i can figure this out... last time i cleaned it was, uhhh, november, i think. no wait, maybe it was july. i'll split it and say september. so, september until now, maybe sixteen weeks... when i did clean it, i might have spent about four hours. (when i clean it, i like it to be really clean!!!) four divided by sixteen works out to about fifteen minutes a week. wow - that's more time that i thought... cool...
  3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check out the sticky at the top of this forum and post your comments there.:s
  4. toolbox

toolbox Member

i have to agree with anarchy. last time i really cleaned my bike was probably july. course mines flat black for a reason. i guess i would spend more time cleaning if i had the time...
  5. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

After a ride unless its very late ..I hose her down (the bike that is )..then wipe her down with a Streak-Free Micro Fiber cloth....take about 30 minutes...De-Bug the windshield 4-5 minutes. When I wash and wax it at least twice a month..bout 2 1/2 to 3 hours...maybe a little less (time flys when your havin )..this includes polishing and waxing the chrome...
  6. Stormrider51

Stormrider51 Active Member

My EG is transportation meaning that it gets ridden almost every day. It also means that it gets a bit dirty. If I cleaned it every time I ride I wouldn't get much else done around here. I will hit it with some Protect All and an old flannel shirt to get bugs and light stuff off. If I get caught out in the rain, like today, and the bike gets road grime on it I'll do a better job once it stops raining. But to answer the original question...I probably spend about an hour a month cleaning the bike. It's my ride, not a show bike.

7. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

this is the best way I've found to get mine clean.....we were sittn' in the bar drinkn' beers while they were washn' up the bike.:bigsmiley16::cheers they even had cameras set up outside with a tv in the bar so we could watch em' wash em'...

Attached Files:

8. twicecam

twicecam Active Member

one or two....or three or four....uh..that is to hard of a question