free website stats program how long till snow any bets on how much more riding time we got | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

how long till snow any bets on how much more riding time we got

To make up for our sometimes HOT and HUMID summers we are repaid with mostly mild winters. If we have a cold streak usually will not last for than a few days. We ride 12 months a year and have never winterized a motorcycle. If the weather keep me from riding it's because of the heat and humidity.
:rider

I hope to retire in the South. It sure would be nice not to winterize and ride all year.

Here in east central Missouri we ride year round for the most part...get a bit of snow and ice don't last too awfully long...Myself and the wife have heated cloths so when we ride we are warm...Did a PGR mission last year was 17 degrees F...but was comfortable with the heated clothing...so how do you winterize a Bike any how?

I am in Carson City Nevada right in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada's and we have snow forcasted over the weekend. It was 80 degrees here 2 days ago. Its crazy but riding is only going to get harder for a few months.

Hello Britbabe, my Son and daughter in law live in Sun Valley. Rides a custom low rider. Wonder if you two have passed each other while ordering a cold one. They ride a lot together when they have a sitter for our new grandson or all three ride together in their rzr.

Hear Street Vibrations was a great time!

ride safe

twoup (vince and irma)

Just get a street/trail type bike (you know, the kind with the street style knobby tires) and drive that thru the winter. Then you don't get out of riding practice. Tracy

Im thinking i have another month here in Idaho....I have friends here in town that will ride in the bitter cold, not me.....takes forever to warm up again. Gives me something to look forward to ....SPRING.......

Hey, hey, don't you all know that if you don't talk about it, (****) it won't happen? At least I keep telling myself that every winter. 2 years ago at this time, I was heading to Buffalo, NY to clean up after a snow storm. :(

Ride time in this area is unlimited.... As for those that live some place that is snows....:bigsmiley30:

I'll take some snow over a tropical storm any day of the year.:s

Back