free website stats program How long past 1K??? | Harley Davidson Forums

How long past 1K???

glazier

My bike is due for its 1K service, but the dealer can't get me in until Saturday. We've got great weather here for the next 3 days and I want to do some riding, but I don't want to put too many more miles on it until the fluids are changed. How far over 1,000 miles do you think it's safe to go on the break in fluids??? We might not have good riding weather like this again for a while, but I don't want to do anything to hurt the bike either. Thanks.

Plus or minus a few miles wont make a big deal, you can do your self a favor and save some money by doing the fluids yourself:s Remember to tell the dealer this if you do and keep ALL reciepts

Plus or minus a few miles wont make a big deal, you can do your self a favor and save some money by doing the fluids yourself:s Remember to tell the dealer this if you do and keep ALL reciepts

Thanks Jack, but when you say "a few miles" what kind of numbers are we talking here??? I'm already up to 1,200 miles. I'll be doing all the fluid changes after the initial 1K service, but want them to do the first one. They said it will take 4 hrs. to do the entire service. I guess there's a lot more to it than just changing the fluids. I'm bringing my own oil (Mobil1 V-Twin) because they said they will put the Syn3 in all 3 holes unless I specify otherwise. Would have gotten Spectro GL-5 for the tranny, but can't find it here anymore, so gonna try Redline. Formula+ in the primary.

Thanks Jack, but when you say "a few miles" what kind of numbers are we talking here??? I'm already up to 1,200 miles. I'll be doing all the fluid changes after the initial 1K service, but want them to do the first one. They said it will take 4 hrs. to do the entire service. I guess there's a lot more to it than just changing the fluids. I'm bringing my own oil (Mobil1 V-Twin) because they said they will put the Syn3 in all 3 holes unless I specify otherwise. Would have gotten Spectro GL-5 for the tranny, but can't find it here anymore, so gonna try Redline. Formula+ in the primary.

I ran 1 up to 1500 miles, tho I changed the engine oil @ 1K:s

Back