free website stats program How long does it take to dyno a bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

How long does it take to dyno a bike?

Mr_Blonde

I just put a stage 1 on my 06 night train, with a power commander III from fuelmotousa. The power commander was mapped by them, but the bike seems hesitant. I have it booked in for a dyno at my local dealership and they told me it will take them anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to dyno it? This seems a little excessive at $100 cdn an hour. Is this legit or are they taking me for a ride. Thanks

hmm, the power commander was already mapped. but it doesn't seem to me that the bike is running right to me. is it possible they were off when they mapped it? is taking it for a dyno the best way to find out?

thanks hobbit, but i don't even know what an AFR line is I am very new to working with EFI systems and dynos. Can you explain this a little better for a rookie?

Save the money and buy a PCV with Autotune. It will tune while you ride and the results are spectacular. You will be able to make changes yourself and be able to have it tuned anytime you add more go fast goodies.

I just put a stage 1 on my 06 night train, with a power commander III from fuelmotousa. The power commander was mapped by them, but the bike seems hesitant. I have it booked in for a dyno at my local dealership and they told me it will take them anywhere from 4 to 8 hours to dyno it? This seems a little excessive at $100 cdn an hour. Is this legit or are they taking me for a ride. Thanks

Did you (Mr. Blonde) using the the pc111 Control Center(Power Commander Tools drop-down) set the throttle to ZERO? The PC map, from fuelmoto, can be perfect, but if you haven't zeroed the throttle for YOUR bike, then you can have the hesitation problem. I'd try this before I gave money to some one who says 4-6hrs for the job. Or, you can call or e-mail Jamie at fuelmoto and he'll tell you how to install the Control center on to your computer from your disc. Once you have the control center on to your computer, you can reset the "0" throttle % with the set throttle position.

Do you have an agenda to race a Crotch-Rocket? :D

if you have the bike dyno tuned does the tuning change over time and if so how often do you have to get it tuned assuming you are not changing parts etc?

if you have the bike dyno tuned does the tuning change over time and if so how often do you have to get it tuned assuming you are not changing parts etc?

The settings will stay put. As long as you don't make any drastic changes to the engines ability to breathe (A/C, pipes, heads, jugs) and you have not moved to the top of a mountain or Death Valley, you will be fine. If you can no longer get quality octane fuel, you may have to change your spark advance curve (I did),, but it would have to be something dramatic like only Hess 87 fuel is now available.:p

Back