free website stats program How Fast? | Harley Davidson Forums

How Fast?

dogdad

Talking to someone tonight at dinner and he says they(his friends) ride hard. I asked what he meant and he said going 90mph or more riding. Little fast for me. More like 70-75,,,How about it? How fast do you guys get , and what's the fastest you rode? Not talking the rice burning ninjas hear,,,we all know what they do....

Talking to someone tonight at dinner and he says they(his friends) ride hard. I asked what he meant and he said going 90mph or more riding. Little fast for me. More like 70-75,,,How about it? How fast do you guys get , and what's the fastest you rode? Not talking the rice burning ninjas hear,,,we all know what they do....

are ya talking long term speed or just cranking it up and backing down

I'm a boring old fart - typically cruise at speed limit plus 5 MPH. This keeps the law from noticing you and still keeps you moving along with traffic. Been known to exceed that a bit on lonely back roads but then I start thinking about deer and unrestrained dogs and I slow right back down. Had a rental Road King up over 90MPH for awhile northwest of Reno on a real straight two lane road.

65 to 75 is my comfort zone. Sometimes I'll get up to 80. I hit 90 once or twice but really don't feel the need to do it again. To me it's about how much time I spend on the bike and not really how much ground I cover.

For the most part I like to take in the sights, so I usually do the speed limit or even a little under on the back roads. But I did have a chance to take the King out on a track and took it well over 100. just a quick run up and back off . I run with traffic on the inter states, 75 or 80.

Hey Dogdad, rice burning rocket types do not all need to go 70-75+, it is the handling in a controlled environ that makes "spirited riding" fun. I ride only at an 8/10 pace max. when on my Katana...:newsmile058:

Granted my HD is quite happy on the freeway at 70-75+ but knowing I have loved ones at home...65 is right, riding leisurly at more like 6/10 pace, with torque at the ready, as being more important.:bigsmiley24:

It all depends on my mood,and if I'm riding two up or solo. I'll leave it at that:D

Back