free website stats program How do you test crank sensor? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you test crank sensor?

2000 Heritage no fire. New battery. Took coil to HD dealer and they said it was good. I was going to buy a cam sensor, but they were out of stock. Codes read do1clr,do25Et,do3clr,do4clr,do5clr,do6clr,do7clr,do8clr,do9clr,do10clr,CAL03. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2000 Heritage no fire. New battery. Took coil to HD dealer and they said it was good. I was going to buy a cam sensor, but they were out of stock. Codes read do1clr,do25Et,do3clr,do4clr,do5clr,do6clr,do7clr,do8clr,do9clr,do10clr,CAL03. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome First Time Poster..,,, WE give a lot of FREE information Out Here so IF you find it a good spot to stay GIVE GOOD BACK please..

Here is MY answer to your First Post.;

I had No fire on my 2000FXDS and the symptoms were... After pulling into Deming NM for a bite of lunch... Bike Ran just fine to get there, BUT after lunch, Went to start and NOTHING.... It cranked Just fine but would not Fire to run.. It did start and back fire once after i put a jump on it... Then DEAD even tho It turned over fast.

I found it to be the crank sensor. NOT the cam sensor.. I think the Crank had the tendency to go out Before the cam,, so I've been told..

There are other things that it could be , BUT IF you are willing to Toss a part at it? That would be a good one to try.. BEFORE YOU PULL either OUT OF HARNESS...... Hook up the new one Routing the wire around open to TRY first.. IF that doesn't start it you MIGHT be able to take it back.. As the old one is still probably good..

There are ways to check these parts out but I'm not the one to give information out on the Check.. maybe another member will advise there. ?

signed....BUBBIE

WELL, Did you go back and read all the other post??

I NEVER until now.. Pheeeeew
I think the answers lay in there some place..
Go read and see.. OLDIES but GOOD,E's

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
CKP sensor comes with connector pins already installed, at least for mine. do you need a special pin extractor to swap them out?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back