free website stats program How do you remove microfiber that is burned onto the exhaust?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you remove microfiber that is burned onto the exhaust??

Guys

Using easy off will work but If you spray it into the cap of the easy-off can and use a small paint brush to apply it to the affected area, chances are you will not damage any surrounding areas with the over spray.

steel wool is the ticket, I recently melted my rain gear to my pipes and steel wool took it right off without any damage to the pipes.

I use never-dull may not be spelled right can get it at parts stores and wal mart about
5 bucks for a can and it last a long time

I have always used an SOS pad with success but ran across an add in my newest rider magazine for a product that may be worth looking into.

Kleen King® Motorcycle Hot Pipes Cleaner - Ride Like A King!

Even has a short video showing the product at work. The product is applied while the pipes are hot and from the video looks to work pretty well. Has anyone tried this product by chance?

It looks decent. I just ordered some. It says it'll take 2-4 weeks to Canada though. I will at least have it before the season ends.

I always use nevr-dull, takes off melted heel marks no problem, won't scratch,works on chrome painted surfaces and more, surface must be cool.

Let it cool some of it will come off easy the rest just slowly use some chrome polish nice and easy with it it will come off.
Just takes time

Just noticed Smitty has been banned. What happened??? I know it's none of my business, but was just curious since he seemed to be a great member and had over 8000 posts.

Back