free website stats program How do you know it is too hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you know it is too hot

I live/ride in the Phoenix area. The definition of HOT. I was riding in about 108-110 degrees and stopped at a light, the EITMS kicked in and when I goosed it to get going again, it stalled on me. That only happened once. Now I rev it to get out of EITMS mode before I try to take off.

Keep an eye on your oil pressure gauge if it is lower than your used to seeing at an idle then maybe your engine is a bit hot.

My buddy's 01 Deuce (carb) starts to run rough when it gets real hot.
My 06 has never exhibited any 'strange' traits when in hot traffic conditions.
It was almost 100* today and I was stuck in traffic due to road construction.
It showed no signs of overheating even though my inner thighs were ready for the BBQ sauce. The oil dipstick temp gauge was at 320 when traffic started to move again. Good thing as I was getting ready to pull over and shut it down.

Ok ... I am in Southwest Oklahoma and it has been over 105 for the past 40 days. My question is... Should I install a Oil cooler?

I have a 08 RK and I took it to the dealer to have them activate the rear cylinder to shut off when to hot,well I was stuck in traffic and it did shut down but when I went to take off it sounded like some one took a handful of marbles and through them in the rear cylinder, and to this day I get a ticking sound at certain RPM'S the bike still has all it's power and ran great on a 4000 mile trip, other then the occasional ticking, but no one else seems to here it including the manager of the service department. I also had them reverse the shut down on the rear cylinder.

Back