free website stats program How do you keep your cages clean in cold country? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you keep your cages clean in cold country?

I had to reduce my work hours last year so that I could fit all the car maintenance into my schedule as now I am a wee bit older I am a wee bit slower and need a wee rest between every main task :p

Brian

When you put it like that, it sounds a lot better. Reducing work hours to __________. I like it!

my vote goes to RibEye ! salt never sleeps . down here in fl NASA says you have to be 20 or so miles inland to get away from the salt in the air.

I agree with PA that RibEye has the best cure. I didn't drive when I was a young lad when we lived in the northern climates, but I remember my dad giving the cars a good washing and waxing before the snow set in.

Salt bad, I live 28 miles inland , I can smell and feel the salt in the air

I live less than a mile from the sea on a still day or when the wind is from the north I can hear the waves crashing on the shore being this close to the coast we don't often get a lot of the white stuff just have to head inland about a mile or 2 an there is lots of it
Everything made of steel rusts around here keeping it clean and with a protective coating on it holds the rust back for a wee while but it will rust eventually

Brian

In Indiana Most Car washes do spray under the car.
You have to also dry the seals on the doors to avoid freezing them closed.

Wow, I thought not having a winter riding season was bad enough. I think I will stay in Texas except maybe in the summer.

We say we have four seasons: summer, summerier, fall and spring.

Always remember during winter car maintenance when cleaning that the mess of salt and sand mush that gets all over the side of the car also coats the surface area of coolant radiator oil cooler charge air cooler and condenser so a blast of clean high pressure water can help the efficiency of those components by clearing any excessive build up of sludge

Brian

A few car washes around here have underside sprayers.Not many.I have had brake,and gas lines rust through on me.

Back