free website stats program How do you keep the ride safe when traveling overnight? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you keep the ride safe when traveling overnight?

I park in a well lite area and put my cover on it and take my valuable item in side and have the Harley alarm withe the siren Vince

Hey... just read this on another site...

12 Ways to Prevent Motorcycle Theft - Tech Review - Motorcycle Cruiser

Make Some Noise... Alarms may seem like a good way to attract attention to the fact that someone is attempting to purloin your bike, but in most places we have gotten so used to false alarms that people don't investigate or even bother to look. But everyone pays attention to sounds of destruction—such as breaking glass. A large stack of beer bottles with a trip wire makes a sound that everyone will investigate when it gets tipped over.

Makes sense to me... and I usually have a least a small stack after settling down for the evening!

MaineStreetGlide has a good idea, lets see find a place early like 02EGlide so you do not have to move bike, but near a local eatery/watering hole so you can empty and "create" a large stack of beer bottles (but be sober enuff to booby trap your bike) and finally stumble up to your room and crash, but have that alarm page to get you up so you can do your wild gun tote'in bad biker imitation ala IronMark, didn't even have to read about 12 ways, when all I have to do is read ths HDTimeline thread...sweet! :newsmile100:

Actually most of those methods boil down to "due dillegence" and a little bit of "good sense" will go a long way...to prevent theft except from the professional ones which hopefully are in the minority.

Last edited:
Back