free website stats program How do you keep the ride safe when traveling overnight? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you keep the ride safe when traveling overnight?

My wife is involved in the coach touring buisiness and as such stays in many hotels all over europe when we are planning a trip she calls hotels on route gets us a good discount and secure parking if available
if no secure parking i tend to chain the bikes together so if they are trying to steal a bike they have to take both together

Brian

I was down in Daytona for the first time and that question was always on my mind. Found a product called brakelok. It mounts where the front caliper mounts and then the caliper mounts to it. A pin goes through the holes in the rotor. That bike isn't going anywhere unless you have six guys to pick it up.
They have a website brakelok.com

:p You could aways let your BH stay with the bike, She can sleep during the day when you are going down the road:p

I put 16,000 miles on my Ultra last summer hitting all 48 CONUS US States and 6 Canadian Provinces. The most I ever did was lock the forks and occasionally used a cable lock through the front wheel and frame, plus the alarm system is always there. When not camping, I prefer Mom and Pop motels so I can get a room I can park in front of, but it does not always work out. Never had a problem.

Back