free website stats program How Do You Choose a Helmet Color? | Harley Davidson Forums

How Do You Choose a Helmet Color?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Just curious what factors go into everyone's choice of helmet color, assuming you wear one of course.

Black would seem to pretty much go with anything. Do you like your helmet to match the color of your bike? Your primary riding jacket?

Does anyone find that color choice is critical to keeping cool on hot days? In other words, do lighter color helmets like white or silver reflect sunlight and keep you cooler than a black one would?

Curious minds want to know how everyone arrives at this crucial decision in our lives! :D

There are many reasons, but personal preferences weigh in heavily, safety (lighter - brighter), black (style & color match) and graphics (eye for artistic license). In my case it was a combination, add opportunity and "luck" into the mix...carbon fiber helmet had bronze-gold threads that match my bronze colored tins.

Last edited:
I've always leaned towards solid colored helmets. Too many graphics and you start getting into metric rocket territory.

My 3 helmets full face, 3/4 and 1/2 are all black with no graphix. Helmets are hot in the summer anyway, I dont know if color matters.

Mark

My way is pretty simple. The last four bikes I've owned have all been black. The last I don't know how many helmets have been black too.

I subscribe to the Henry Ford method of color choice when asked about car color for the model 'T"..."You can get any color you want, as long as it's black!"...

flat black no graphics in my case - if the DOT sticker wasn't required in some states, that would go to :D

Down here I wear a white in the summer and black in the winter. My white one doesn't have a zipper for the ear flaps and my black one does. Seems the white one is cooler. Maybe it's scyclo...psyco....what ever....in my head.:p

I have 3 black helmets and a black one with silver tribal graphic on it
i usually wear a black one
wife has a pink flowery graphic over white (wouldnt work for me)

Brian

Back